Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have questions about dreadwax - yes, I'm really asking this here lol

Evil Empire
@evil-empire
14 years ago
3 posts
hmmm. dreadhead hq wax. you should make candles with the smell! it's an awesome smell. wax for dreads? no good, too much shit inside the dreads.
updated by @evil-empire: 07/23/15 03:35:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the only way to save a dread is stop harming dreadsremove wax and tools anfd the boycott would end i wish we could do polls here so u could see that probably 99% boycott u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
I find this thread amusing honestly
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
i used yours and knotty boy. i only used it in the beginning though. i havent continued to use it. i mean i havent had any of the problems others on here have had. like i didnt have mold or hardening but i didnt use it like it was directed. i used it maybe once a week or so just to help from goring together and falling apart once they began to become "dreads like a few months in i stopped using it. i havent used it in years but i wouldnt say i regret using it either. i dont believe u should use it everyday i think that might be the problems others had. but what works for one person might not work for another.
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
it just really sucks that ppl have said it ruined their dreads. i couldnt imagine what i would do if i wasnt a lucky one. im glad that i stopped using wax and im surly glad i didnt glob it in my hair like directed. luckily i stopped before they were to mature to where it held the wax in. good thing hair can be cut off and grown back. i love my dreads and im glad im one of the "lucky ones" i feel bad for those of you that werent so lucky. maybe if he doesnt stop selling wax maybe hell atleast change the instructions. or make it less sticky to the inside of your hair
AciDreams
@acidreams
14 years ago
39 posts
hippie mama said:
it just really sucks that ppl have said it ruined their dreads. i couldnt imagine what i would do if i wasnt a lucky one. im glad that i stopped using wax and im surly glad i didnt glob it in my hair like directed. luckily i stopped before they were to mature to where it held the wax in. good thing hair can be cut off and grown back. i love my dreads and im glad im one of the "lucky ones" i feel bad for those of you that werent so lucky. maybe if he doesnt stop selling wax maybe hell atleast change the instructions. or make it less sticky to the inside of your hair
Changing the instructions wont matter unless they say: NEVER use this product in your hair. Our wax has been known to cause massive buildup, leading to MOLD. It also has been known to only further the negative connotations surrounding dreadlocks and the people who wear them. Dreadlocks need TIME, not WAX. You have been warned.
Knotty Jonny Clean
@knotty-jonny-clean
14 years ago
13 posts
First a quick question. If there were no wax or no crochet hooks or no lock doctors...or any of the other things you rail against....Lets say they were all replaced by a completely harmless product that made dreads lock instantly - what would you tell people about this new wonder-product?Ok, about the wax....Please don't confuse the following:Everyone who has ever had a bad experience using any dread wax or wax type product - in any way they cared to or were instructed toANDMy customers who have used only my products and have followed my instructionsFrom the beginning I've taught people that there were times to use wax and times to avoid it, I've talked incessantly about how little should be used and how to remove it monthly. The competition on the other hand posts videos where dreads are smeared down with ounces of wax with virtually no info about removal or it's appropriate function. To gloss over this as if it doesn't matter and pretend that I'm somehow responsible for the issues which their ignorance and lack of instruction has caused is not just a distortion, it's dishonest. I'm happy to take responsibility for my products and my actions but I'm not going to accept blame for other peoples mistakes just because we both sell products for dreadlocks.I'm not going to hop around from topic to topic with no objective and no basis for discussion to give of the appearance of a debate. There's no point in continuing a discussion based on opinions and feelings. The Dreadlocks Treaty Debate will continue to discuss facts. If you can limit yourself to that type of discussion your input is not only welcome, it's encouraged.BTW, If my customers every start complaining to me about my wax (or about any other product or technique) I'll make changes happen - and fast. I'm ready and willing. The problem is that I get glowing testimonials not complaints. If any other type of order or shipping issue occurs my customers have no problems getting in touch with me so I'm going to continue to assume that they could contact me if they had a problem with my wax.Excuse me if I don't put too much weight on the numbers you estimate. The only number I care about is the number of verifiable customers of mine who are using my products in accordance with the instructions and have contacted me because they have an issue - an issue I can't solve. That number is 0 and has always been 0 and until that changes I'm not going to take wild claims about my products ruining dreads very seriously.....even if you claim really really high numbers.The 6 people I mentioned - I'm not talking about who is still here continuing the thread now - that's the total number of people, the whole time this thread has been running, who have said they used only my products (in any manner) and have had an issue removing the wax. I expect that everyone that is an active member in this forum has had a chance to see this thread now... it's been over a month now....I've heard a couple times now that you'd like to see some type of "THIS PRODUCT RUINS EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES" warning on the wax page... Obviously I don't agree with the warnings you've proposed and to post them would be dishonest but I'll tell you what I would happily add to the wax page. A terms and conditions that you have to agree to. It would go something like this:I agree to use this product in accordance with the instructions on this site to the best of my ability,and I agree that if I should ever experience any problem of any type - or if I ever find myself, in any way unsatisfied by it's performance, I willcontact Jonny Clean and let him know while I'm experiencing the issue so that he can assist me.Let me know what you think!Ok, changing gears.I also read your post about how you believe that hair has experiences trapped in it - that dreadlocks are more than the sum of their parts (dead hair cells) - that there are things in the hair in dreads that we can't measure - or observe .In what ways do you think these beliefs about dreadlocks influence your ideas about how they should be cared for? How do they effect what you think is an "ideal" dread?I don't know which pics in your pics section are of dreads that are:2 months oldstarted with twist and rip or neglectnever backcombednever waxednever crochetednothing used on them but BS/ACVUsually just the age is posted with the pic right? You guys know the details, not me....If someone would take the time to find a few which meet this criteria I'd really appreciate it.Lastly, what pics of my dreads do you want to see? I'd be happy to but aren't you just going to insist they look waxy and stiff no matter what they look like? =]talk soon,KJC
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
Haha well first off man, I told you in a message on facebook exactly what i think about this hole thing on your facebook page. I like your Dreads plain and simple. Your first set of locs really really made me think that White people could have amazing look'n locks. Stiff or not i don't really care what other people want to think i like'em. And i would like to See early pics of your first and second set of locs and how your hair looks when it's not Knoted. If you got'em. Cause in about 3 to 4 months i like to think i can start my 3rd. *and hopefully last set of dreadlocks. Thanks Everybody! Knotty Jonny Clean said:
First a quick question. If there were no wax or no crochet hooks or no lock doctors...or any of the other things you rail against....

Lets say they were all replaced by a completely harmless product that made dreads lock instantly - what would you tell people about this new wonder-product?

Ok, about the wax....

Please don't confuse the following:

Everyone who has ever had a bad experience using any dread wax or wax type product - in any way they cared to or were instructed to
AND
My customers who have used only my products and have followed my instructions

From the beginning I've taught people that there were times to use wax and times to avoid it, I've talked incessantly about how little should be used and how to remove it monthly. The competition on the other hand posts videos where dreads are smeared down with ounces of wax with virtually no info about removal or it's appropriate function. To gloss over this as if it doesn't matter and pretend that I'm somehow responsible for the issues which their ignorance and lack of instruction has caused is not just a distortion, it's dishonest. I'm happy to take responsibility for my products and my actions but I'm not going to accept blame for other peoples mistakes just because we both sell products for dreadlocks.

I'm not going to hop around from topic to topic with no objective and no basis for discussion to give of the appearance of a debate. There's no point in continuing a discussion based on opinions and feelings. The Dreadlocks Treaty Debate will continue to discuss facts. If you can limit yourself to that type of discussion your input is not only welcome, it's encouraged.

BTW, If my customers every start complaining to me about my wax (or about any other product or technique) I'll make changes happen - and fast. I'm ready and willing. The problem is that I get glowing testimonials not complaints. If any other type of order or shipping issue occurs my customers have no problems getting in touch with me so I'm going to continue to assume that they could contact me if they had a problem with my wax.
Excuse me if I don't put too much weight on the numbers you estimate. The only number I care about is the number of verifiable customers of mine who are using my products in accordance with the instructions and have contacted me because they have an issue - an issue I can't solve. That number is 0 and has always been 0 and until that changes I'm not going to take wild claims about my products ruining dreads very seriously.....even if you claim really really high numbers.

The 6 people I mentioned - I'm not talking about who is still here continuing the thread now - that's the total number of people, the whole time this thread has been running, who have said they used only my products (in any manner) and have had an issue removing the wax. I expect that everyone that is an active member in this forum has had a chance to see this thread now... it's been over a month now....

I've heard a couple times now that you'd like to see some type of "THIS PRODUCT RUINS EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES" warning on the wax page... Obviously I don't agree with the warnings you've proposed and to post them would be dishonest but I'll tell you what I would happily add to the wax page. A terms and conditions that you have to agree to. It would go something like this:

I agree to use this product in accordance with the instructions on this site to the best of my ability,
and I agree that if I should ever experience any problem of any type - or if I ever find myself, in any way unsatisfied by it's performance, I will
contact Jonny Clean and let him know while I'm experiencing the issue so that he can assist me.

Let me know what you think!

Ok, changing gears.

I also read your post about how you believe that hair has experiences trapped in it - that dreadlocks are more than the sum of their parts (dead hair cells) - that there are things in the hair in dreads that we can't measure - or observe .

In what ways do you think these beliefs about dreadlocks influence your ideas about how they should be cared for? How do they effect what you think is an "ideal" dread?

I don't know which pics in your pics section are of dreads that are:
2 months old
started with twist and rip or neglect
never backcombed
never waxed
never crocheted
nothing used on them but BS/ACV

Usually just the age is posted with the pic right? You guys know the details, not me....
If someone would take the time to find a few which meet this criteria I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, what pics of my dreads do you want to see? I'd be happy to but aren't you just going to insist they look waxy and stiff no matter what they look like? =]

talk soon,
KJC
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
glue? nothing nothing nothing makes instant dreads theres no such thing its impossible dreads take time thats alland i told u what pics we want close up detailed macro shots that show the texture and the individual hairs that make them upand ofcourse they will look stiff and waxy but thats not the point the point is to see how dreaded or damaged they areand dude give it up 0? fuck u dude every fucking day every day we get ppl joined saying they used your crap the 1st time around and had to start over wax free... how can u possibly say u never had 1 dissatisfied customer when not a single day goes by when your dissatisfied customers join us here? read profiles 2/3 well say they fell for your crap and started over without wax and say wax was a huge mistakeeither your lying about never getting complaints or they all just figure your a lier who would only say they over waxed so why complain and get blamed for using your bad productsand every 1 of your glowing testimonials u claim to get is only in the 1st Weeks till they realize how screwed they are Knotty Jonny Clean said:
First a quick question. If there were no wax or no crochet hooks or no lock doctors...or any of the other things you rail against....

Lets say they were all replaced by a completely harmless product that made dreads lock instantly - what would you tell people about this new wonder-product?

Ok, about the wax....

Please don't confuse the following:

Everyone who has ever had a bad experience using any dread wax or wax type product - in any way they cared to or were instructed to
AND
My customers who have used only my products and have followed my instructions

From the beginning I've taught people that there were times to use wax and times to avoid it, I've talked incessantly about how little should be used and how to remove it monthly. The competition on the other hand posts videos where dreads are smeared down with ounces of wax with virtually no info about removal or it's appropriate function. To gloss over this as if it doesn't matter and pretend that I'm somehow responsible for the issues which their ignorance and lack of instruction has caused is not just a distortion, it's dishonest. I'm happy to take responsibility for my products and my actions but I'm not going to accept blame for other peoples mistakes just because we both sell products for dreadlocks.

I'm not going to hop around from topic to topic with no objective and no basis for discussion to give of the appearance of a debate. There's no point in continuing a discussion based on opinions and feelings. The Dreadlocks Treaty Debate will continue to discuss facts. If you can limit yourself to that type of discussion your input is not only welcome, it's encouraged.

BTW, If my customers every start complaining to me about my wax (or about any other product or technique) I'll make changes happen - and fast. I'm ready and willing. The problem is that I get glowing testimonials not complaints. If any other type of order or shipping issue occurs my customers have no problems getting in touch with me so I'm going to continue to assume that they could contact me if they had a problem with my wax.
Excuse me if I don't put too much weight on the numbers you estimate. The only number I care about is the number of verifiable customers of mine who are using my products in accordance with the instructions and have contacted me because they have an issue - an issue I can't solve. That number is 0 and has always been 0 and until that changes I'm not going to take wild claims about my products ruining dreads very seriously.....even if you claim really really high numbers.

The 6 people I mentioned - I'm not talking about who is still here continuing the thread now - that's the total number of people, the whole time this thread has been running, who have said they used only my products (in any manner) and have had an issue removing the wax. I expect that everyone that is an active member in this forum has had a chance to see this thread now... it's been over a month now....

I've heard a couple times now that you'd like to see some type of "THIS PRODUCT RUINS EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES" warning on the wax page... Obviously I don't agree with the warnings you've proposed and to post them would be dishonest but I'll tell you what I would happily add to the wax page. A terms and conditions that you have to agree to. It would go something like this:

I agree to use this product in accordance with the instructions on this site to the best of my ability,
and I agree that if I should ever experience any problem of any type - or if I ever find myself, in any way unsatisfied by it's performance, I will
contact Jonny Clean and let him know while I'm experiencing the issue so that he can assist me.

Let me know what you think!

Ok, changing gears.

I also read your post about how you believe that hair has experiences trapped in it - that dreadlocks are more than the sum of their parts (dead hair cells) - that there are things in the hair in dreads that we can't measure - or observe .

In what ways do you think these beliefs about dreadlocks influence your ideas about how they should be cared for? How do they effect what you think is an "ideal" dread?

I don't know which pics in your pics section are of dreads that are:
2 months old
started with twist and rip or neglect
never backcombed
never waxed
never crocheted
nothing used on them but BS/ACV

Usually just the age is posted with the pic right? You guys know the details, not me....
If someone would take the time to find a few which meet this criteria I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, what pics of my dreads do you want to see? I'd be happy to but aren't you just going to insist they look waxy and stiff no matter what they look like? =]

talk soon,
KJC

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just cause it smells like a dead horse dont mean theres a dead horse here it might just be the rotting waxy dreads that stinkand if u blame it on a dead horse then its easy to dismiss the smell and claim wax is innocent of causing the stench

--

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form