Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have questions about dreadwax - yes, I'm really asking this here lol

Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Wax repels water, when you have a shell of wax you trap water inside your dread = Mold&Rot :( not cool.Wax repels water, water is needed to clean your dreads wax = unclean dreads :( Not coolWax is tacky and sticky = Dreads become a magnet for dirt and linties and everything else that wants to stick to them. This = Unclean dreads :( Yup again Not coolSo if you have to have fake look like dreads now your going to have nasty ass waxy icky sticky gross hair. Or just wait that extra week or month or even a few months for your hair to lock normally. Ahhhh normal smooth dreads that arent stiff and dirty, just soap water and sunshine = :) Finally thats cool :):):)ANTI WAX <--- Its common sense
updated by @earthstudios: 07/23/15 02:52:51AM
Conner Hannon
@conner-hannon
14 years ago
27 posts
Well Johnny I'd like to say that you have my respect for coming onto this site knowing that you were definitely going to get a bunch of hate and anger towards you.So in my mind, maybe I'm just naiive, I feel like you are being sincere.Anyway, the problem that I think many have with wax, including myself, is that it is for those people that want dreads for a while as a "cool" hairstyle with no intentions of keeping them. For them, wax is great because it will do the job of making aethetically pleasing dreads fast.The problem is that when wax is advertised to make true dreads, people are being misinformed which is why all the people here are all upset. But maybe you could change the way in which you inform people about wax. That could potentially change some things. That, and to inform people on other methods.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
exactly advertise wax as a solution for temporary dreads only not permenant and include a warning "WARNING dreadwax use is intended for temporary fake dreads only, dread wax use may lead to dread rot, premature dread loss, sticky clothes and furniture ruined by wax, clogged pores and drains and an overwhelming sense that everyones laughing at you. not intended for use in real dreads"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Knotty Jonny Clean
@knotty-jonny-clean
14 years ago
13 posts
I totally hear what you are saying... Wax is fine for "temporary dreads" but it shouldn't be used for permanent dreads.I really can't act on that though. The reason is simple - and you know the reason =]I'm not going to debate it, instead I'll just state that due to personal experience I believe that dread wax, when used according to the instructions, works fine for permanent dreads. I personally know people that started their dreads with my wax 10 years ago and they still sing it's praises today. Many of my friends used my product to start their dreads 5 or more years ago. Again PLEASE understand - I am not trying to convince you or change your minds. I'm only say this so you can understand why I feel I would be lying if I were to say "Wax is just for making temporary dreads". I am so sorry that it doesn't always work - the last thing in the world I want to do is disappoint people - there are enough disappointing things in the world, dreadlocks should NOT be another one. I know it doesn't work all the time -but that doesn't me it does not EVER work. It does. As far as I can tell it works about 99-98% of the time when the instructions are followed and because of that I don't think it's a bad product. I also think that with better instructions I can bump that up to 100% - and I very much want to.Since I'm never going to convince you guys that it EVER works =] - (and I'm ok with that now) - what I really need to do is get your help so I can improve the product. The questions I posted (I'll post them again below) will really help me do that.In the end - whether someone decides to use my method, or your method - we both want them to be happy with their dreads. In this way we are working toward the same goal.I also want you to know that because of what I learned here I am working even harder at a wax alternative. I would LOVE to have a product that you guys could get behind. Because of the failures that have occured wax will never be that product and I totally get that - but I hope that I can soon show you guys an alternative that you can embrace for those that want (or need) to make dreads happen faster than they can on their own.mad thanks,KJC
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
98%?. dude try 10% 90% dread loss 90% disatisfied or downright pissed offand i met 1 exactly 1 with 10 year old dreads that used and supported your wax but..he insisted that the only safe way was to NOT FOLLOW YOPUR INSTRUCTIONS not use it to make dreads at all not melt it in ever only use a tiny ammount (1/10th the recomended) only on the surface only as a conditionernow i did meet about 6 who had 6 year old waxy dreads and they honnestly were grossand again improving wax or instructions is not the answer..discontinuing it isif u want to help people start instant dreads thats fine finbd a safter alternative to crochet and felting one thats not so damagingthere was a guy who invented a dreading machine it was a joke butu could take a simular concept that takes hairs and spins them on multiple interlocking wheels that nearly imitate random intertwining and starts fairly tigt even locks fasti dont know many who would use it except as u say ppl why dont understand dreads and want something instantnow the biggest issue here is no disclameru market a product that for many many people means they have to cut and start =over and u dont warn on ity that if you decide you want permenant wax free dreads you may need to start overyou market it as the best and only way to dreadso people wanting clean real permenant dreads fall for it and get pissed off having to start over rightand yet the truth still remains that dreads do indeed dread faster without wax..that is a proven factyet u still refuse to admit it and matket wax as a way to speed it up instead of just making ioty look like its mature while delaying or even preventing true maturitynow i requested close up detailed macro pics of your dreads ..i realllly want to see how dreaded or undreaded yours are at 6 yearsim betting any of outr 6 month wax free dreads look more mature on close inspection

--
Knotty Jonny Clean
@knotty-jonny-clean
14 years ago
13 posts
Look SE, =] I'm not going to go there. There's no point in a he said / she said - argument of opinions. You know what you've seen and I know what I've seen. Period. You have no way of convincing me that my product fails most of the time and I have no way of convincing you it succeeds. I don't think that's going to change and we've already wasted plenty of time going down that road.If what you really want to do is "save the dreads" then help me focus on what you have experience with - the dreads that failed. I heard from 6 people here that used my product and got it stuck in their dreads. Info from theses people is extremely valuable to me because they represent the only people I've been able to find that have used the product as instructed and had a removal issue. In order for their experience to save dreads though we need to get some more specific info like:1)What shampoos/soaps did you use?2)What was your section size or range? (be as specific as possible)3)How tight were the dreads when you stopped using wax?4)How long had you had the dreads when you stopped using wax?5)What steps did you take to remove the wax? (be as specific as possible)6)What year did you purchase the wax and from where?7)What method did you used to initially create the knots?I think it would be awesome if we could put aside our differences and work together to save dreads - instead of just arguing about the "right" way to do them.Thank you for your help.-KJCPS: I'm still eagerly awaiting some pictures. I'm hoping that out of the many pictures posted here that someone can find some pictures of 2 month old dreads started with neglect and with twist and rip - that have NEVER been waxed or crocheted. I've been very patient w/ this request. Any information on it's progress would be very much appreciated. soaringeagle said:
98%?. dude try 10% 90% dread loss 90% disatisfied or downright pissed off

and i met 1 exactly 1 with 10 year old dreads that used and supported your wax but..he insisted that the only safe way was to NOT FOLLOW YOPUR INSTRUCTIONS not use it to make dreads at all not melt it in ever only use a tiny ammount (1/10th the recomended) only on the surface only as a conditioner

now i did meet about 6 who had 6 year old waxy dreads and they honnestly were gross

and again improving wax or instructions is not the answer..discontinuing it is
if u want to help people start instant dreads thats fine finbd a safter alternative to crochet and felting one thats not so damaging
there was a guy who invented a dreading machine it was a joke but
u could take a simular concept that takes hairs and spins them on multiple interlocking wheels that nearly imitate random intertwining and starts fairly tigt even locks fast
i dont know many who would use it except as u say ppl why dont understand dreads and want something instant

now the biggest issue here is no disclamer
u market a product that for many many people means they have to cut and start =over and u dont warn on ity that if you decide you want permenant wax free dreads you may need to start over
you market it as the best and only way to dread
so people wanting clean real permenant dreads fall for it and get pissed off having to start over right

and yet the truth still remains that dreads do indeed dread faster without wax..that is a proven fact
yet u still refuse to admit it and matket wax as a way to speed it up instead of just making ioty look like its mature while delaying or even preventing true maturity

now i requested close up detailed macro pics of your dreads ..i realllly want to see how dreaded or undreaded yours are at 6 years
im betting any of outr 6 month wax free dreads look more mature on close inspection
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and wed like pictures of yours toou been ignoring that havent u?6? dude look in the groups theres 2 groups dread wax recoveryandformer dreadheadhq and knottyboy customers who now warn against product useboth groups have like 200look at our 20000 members1 exactly had good things to say abouit wax...a home madfe hemp based waxevery single other 1 either had bad experiences or knew ppl who had bad experiences so knew to avoid waxok i was wrong thats not a 80-90% failure is itits 99.9999999999999999999999999999%face ittheres a few ppl who survived waxthey are still walking around totaly unaweare of all the gunk stuck inside the dreadswax is a 1005 failure there are just ppl still fooled into thinking otherwiseand u can spot them from a mile awayu are earning a whole population of dreaheads a bad name..candleheadsbecause more l;ikely then not 1 single use will remain with them forevernow i canty control who offeres pics or noti cant control who reads this or noti believe almost everyones sick of it anfd ignoring it and only a few (3-5?) ppl are still bothering to read or respondwhy? because u came here saying you wanted to solve the issue but you didnt you want to improve a product that has absolutely no legitimate place in dreadingthe product should be removed from the market..that is the only improvement possiblehair dreads best when absolutely clean free of all residueswax is anto dreadit has absolutely no place in dreading period..get it?would a tobaco company go to a cancer ward to get advice on how to improve cigarettes? no the only reason they would be accepterd there would be to appologise and pledge to remove the producyt or at least the cancer causeing agents.so along those lines how can you improve dreadwax? by removing it from the market...or by removing the wax from the dreadwax or better yet removing the wax from the dreadreplace dread wax with wax b goneimprove the product by removing the product from the market and the victimsnow i havent slept so im gonna backtrack to what i was sayingi have no control over the members here but\you have control over youso u can stop ignoring our requests post detailed closeup macro shots of your dreads and if u do maybe ppl will stop ignoring ui thonk ppl feel totaly ignored like its all just another look at jonny festwe offer suggestions u ignore emwe ask u questions u ignore emwe request pictures u ignore em\we ask for clarifications u ignore emso heres my list1 why wouldnt u simply remove wax or replace ot with something harmless like aloe2 why woulnt u post detailed pics of your dreads if they are so dreaded as u claim3 what is crocheting and why does your website mix up crocheting and interlocking and why does it recomend interlocking altho u on twitter warned not to (not by name im guessing you dont know what interlocking is either)_what right do u have giving dread advice when you know nothi9ng at all about dreading? (admittedly your level of expertise comes from the same mindset that caused ppl to use toothpaste honey peanutbutter and glue to make dreads)how can u claim to have a better way to dread when u never even had the balls to try dreading the right way?and lastly we asked ..u chop off dreads alot to prove points in vids (odviosly they mean nothing to u as ive turned down 10 times more mony then id ever hoped to see in my life that was offered if id cut mine)so since u have no real attachment to your dreads why wount u comb out 1 single dread underneat or anywhere and let it grow naturaly and see for yourself that natural indeed is a better way to dreaddo u fear the truth?by the way how many members swearing off wax forever will it take to convinvce u? we only been here 1 year u been around 10your wax lovers faceboojk should have 20,000 if the failure rate was 505but it has what? 2000? times 10 years factor in your total web domination and how its still hard for ppl to find us..and that absolutely equates to an over 905 failure rate does it not?how many jars of wax did u sell in 10 years? 200,000? 500,000? over a million?and only 2,000 came back in support?pretty pathetic how your ego turns that into a success storythats about what it ammounts to your fragile ego refusing to believe you might be wrong refusing to believe youir not as popular as u think u arealmost every dready (90% or more) i ever talked to think you re either a jjoke, a conn artist, a scumbag or just too greedy to care who u harm..maybe thats not who u are but thats what ppl thinkbecause here is the truth wax destroys more dreads then somehow survivenobody is helped by wax they just think thery areif ypur wax was so great why would people want to collect theyre chopped off waxy dreads spend money to rent a semi fill the tractor trailor with cut waxy dreads and bury your house ina mountain of sticky dreads?why would people have concidered a class action lawsiuite ?(your damn lucky dreadies are so nice and dont like the idea of court)why would there be a massive boycott against you (kb too) 90% of dreadies refusde to buy a bead tam even a bumper sticker from you because of how u do businessif u remove wax and tools like the lock docta..and sold only tams beads and silly t shirts and stuff i guaerantee tripple profits if u truly reform come out against the products u formerly pushed u would gain so much respect the boycott would end and youd regain the trust of everyone u alienatedeven if your shampoo is relativly harmles most dreadies would recomend to other dreadies they avoid it just to not buy from you..hows that good for you?seriusly is wax really worth losing your business over?if u stand by your wax thats exactly what will happen..your business will be known as just a scam u will be boycotted and the only ppl who even use the shampoo will use it just to get rid of it and never buy againi think u have a loooooong way to go to totaly reform but i promice u this if u remove wax and the lock docta i will buy a tam.. just 1 tho till i see more reforms

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i know my comment was influenced by sleep deprivation and frustration so maybe was lil harsh but imediately i got several pms saying thank you for that cause it perfectly summed up what they were thinking too so maybe in my sleep deprived state i was channeling the collective consousness of all dreadiesanother thingu so often discount that hair is more then just dead cells you associate yoiur spirituality to standing in front of a mirror grooming your dreadswelldreads are more then just hair and hair is more then just cellshair contains a chemical record of all your experienceshair thats dreaded these chemical records are all tightly bound locked in place 1 experience connected to the next connected to the nextwhat is wisdom? wisdom simply is a higher understanding of life based on understanding the interconnectivity of all lifes experiencesthis is what dreads give to you slowly building from the 1st days you begin to dread and lasting forever the longer the dreads grow the more interconnected experiences the greater the wisdomnow you may ask how does chemical records in hair translate to wisdom when hair is just dead cells? how does electricity travel along wires that arent living nerves// the chemical records of these experiences allow a conductivity that lets the wisdom seep in to your skin (and brain) now im no biochemist so i cant go into all the scientific proof (if there even has been any studies related to this) i just know it to be trueand so does almost anyone who has wax free dreads that have been aroundwax..is a coating that covers the hair blocking these connections in essence making the dreads...dead as uu describethis is why you can cut your dreads off without trauma.. they are dead meanningless lifeless just a collection of dead cells with no locked in experiences n transferring of wisdom ..just a hairstyleto you cutting a dreAd, pilong a hole in it shreading it to peices with a lock docts means nothing because its no more important then a fingernailbut to a wax free dreadhead they would rather lose an arm or a leg then lose a dreadthis is part of what ypu fail to understand..you rob the dreads of meanning ..they become a omodity a fashion statement..nothing moreknow what it would take to get me to cut 1 single dread?well.. how much would it cost to bring world peace or end world hunger? no less then that..if i was offered that much it would be selfish to refuse..but still would be traumatic..you do it to sell a 6 dollar destruction tool...now do u understand how wide the gap is between our understanding of dreads and the meanning they hold?wax is fine for a meaningless temportary style u create on a whim..but most people research dreads for many years b4 committing they agonize over the decission a decade or morewhen they dread they want to dread for real and foreverimagine the heartbreak after waiting 16 years to dread and u finally dread only to find 3 weeks later the kit wwas the worse thing they could do and now they have to start all over..15 year wait only to be suckered in by bad info and bad products

--
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
I have three month old dreads. They were twist and rip but most came loose so I went neglect. About 90% or more is neglect the rest was twist and rip. More than happy to post pics of it if we can see your hair. Or do what was previously said and look through the gallery. All the two month old aged to mature dreads you can find.
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Obviously, most of us are no longer paying attention to this thread. Please do not insist that there are only 6 people with dread wax issues. It just means that there were only six bothering to pay attention to this never-ending thread. It keeps going on in circles. It is not productive. I really think you have permission to close this thread...not delete, by the way and message those in anti-wax/dread recovery groups. That's about 200 people. Or hell, form your own group and have people join that would like to help rather than distract the main forum/solicit individual people. (Although, messaging individual people, based on our forum dynamic, would be okay. They can choose to ignore or assist...most would reply back)Here are links since you seem to be lazy in doing your own research/contacting people ;P http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/formerdreadheadhqknottyboycusto... http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/dreadwaxrecovery a search for 2 months in member photos: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/photo/search?q=2+months that's a 103I would say about 300 potential people to contact and ask their opinion on whatever it is that you want for your "experiment"Honestly, it is your product that we're trying to "save dreads" from, so buckle down and do whatever contacting you need rather than clogging our forum... please .Thank you and best of luck. Knotty Jonny Clean said:
If what you really want to do is "save the dreads" then help me focus on what you have experience with - the dreads that failed. I heard from 6 people here that used my product and got it stuck in their dreads. Info from theses people is extremely valuable to me because they represent the only people I've been able to find that have used the product as instructed and had a removal issue. In order for their experience to save dreads though we need to get some more specific info like: 1)What shampoos/soaps did you use? 2)What was your section size or range? (be as specific as possible) 3)How tight were the dreads when you stopped using wax?4)How long had you had the dreads when you stopped using wax?5)What steps did you take to remove the wax? (be as specific as possible)6)What year did you purchase the wax and from where?7)What method did you used to initially create the knots?PS: I'm still eagerly awaiting some pictures. I'm hoping that out of the many pictures posted here that someone can find some pictures of 2 month old dreads started with neglect and with twist and rip - that have NEVER been waxed or crocheted. I've been very patient w/ this request. Any information on it's progress would be very much appreciated.

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form