Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ah! crazy unraveled root. please tell me what you think

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
actually in a way i think u should be glad! That just means u didn't T&R it too tight. If it's done too tightly it seems to end up looking braid like and i can't imagine it's too good for the hairs? (no offense to anyone, i know cavewoman likes the natural look) So they will unravel a bit and lock up in just the way they are meant to!!
updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/03/15 06:20:53AM
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
this is true =D I'm rounding 4 weeks and I'm starting to see loops and kinks and lots of loose hairs and I'm lovin it =] I guess unraveling roots is just one more thing I should love about my hair. My friends kept telling me to use crochet hooks and to root rub and wax and this and that, and I don't blame them, they don't know any better like I did before I found this site.I'm glad I found this site before I did them or who knows what crazy stuff I would have done to my poor hair. If I hadn't found this site I would have never known that you kind of want your hair to go crazy cuz that means it's doing what it needs to do haha. NaturalWomyn said:
actually in a way i think u should be glad! That just means u didn't T&R it too tight. If it's done too tightly it seems to end up looking braid like and i can't imagine it's too good for the hairs? (no offense to anyone, i know cavewoman likes the natural look) So they will unravel a bit and lock up in just the way they are meant to!!
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
The majority of mine look alot like that. I'm putting faith in SE & just leaving em, slowly slowly they are becoming knotted closer to the root. I left quite a bit of length up there when I tnr'd tho. Once I got a dread underway I think I must have started twisting too much cos some of em do look braid like. Will this sort itself out in time? Also, if I wanna use a bead to help a section lock up, do I put it above, below or directly on where I want the knots formed?

NaturalWomyn said:
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
Some of mine have looked like this, and my head is doin fine.no worries.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
some of mine look like this too, mostly in the back. i'm not worried about it, but it looks like shit so i haven't been wearing my hair down. haha...i've also been really careful about keeping them separated back there so they don't start a huge dread orgy on me. i've palmrolled them gently a few times mainly to make each section a little more defined so i could tell what i was doing when separting. seems to be helping actually.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
same, i had several like that to
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
ya i actually split this one because as it got older it just looked like a lot of hair and the root was split in two. so i figured, take it apart and make it into two. they're a lot less trouble now but they still have some loose roots.not too worried about it anymore =]
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Yup I am about 4-5 weeks into my TnR and I've got all sorts of crazy lookin roots :)
babylon
@babylon
14 years ago
27 posts
I had a view of those eighter, only takes time ;)
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
see mine are like that too! i split some, but i don't want to do anymore because i'm scared it coul just happen again and then i'll just be undoing dreads and starting them over all the time! hmm.... Cavewoman said:
ya i actually split this one because as it got older it just looked like a lot of hair and the root was split in two. so i figured, take it apart and make it into two. they're a lot less trouble now but they still have some loose roots.
not too worried about it anymore =]

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form