Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have done everything 'wrong' and my dreads are awesome!

Mary White
@mary-white
13 years ago
27 posts

:) Well spoken.

updated by @mary-white: 07/23/15 05:05:18PM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts

Now, I am in no way, shape or form in support of waxing one's hair... it's never made sense to me. However, this is an awesome point. I've done a number of things that most people here tell you not to do, and yet my dreads are (just today) two years old and look wonderful!

Really, to each their own! Do what jives with you and everything will be just fine!

Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts
I sense discoarse and really is that what this is about? Really of course anyone can do anything to hair and it is just hair ...your hair....this seemed like an open topic....but I feel some aggitation all over this baord bescause...it is normal for folks to slit and fraction.?

Sorry for stopping by ...I think until this under current of discord stops I will back off and other than enjoy photos stay away

Thanks
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
A lot of peeps seem to make conversations just to stir it up...
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Amen']
Amanda Birchmidwife said:

everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to that opinion but I would say if you don't like the things being said on this forum about not waxing etc etc then go to another one that supports waxing etc etc - this forum is a great support to those of us going the natural method - if you don't like that then walk - there are lots of other forums out there with other opinions where you can join in the wax chat to your hearts content and we can all be happy!!

Mary White
@mary-white
13 years ago
27 posts

I agree... :(

ExaltHimx7 said:

A lot of peeps seem to make conversations just to stir it up...
Mary White
@mary-white
13 years ago
27 posts

Something about this post makes me think it should be rhetorical. As all answers and input seem to have been anticipated. What is the point?

Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

Hey calm down! They were started with wax and what ever was done, over 5 and a half years ago. All I was saying that there is no need to resart dreadlocks because of this like some people have. Is that o.k? No, I don't use wax or do anything to my locks now. They were just started crappy but everything tends to sort themselves out in the end.

ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts

I think it was clear from Leah's initial post that she had some venting of frustration to do. She was open about that need. Unfortunately, it is common to come across folks who feel judged and oppressed by what they perceive as a rigid dogma regarding dread formation and maintanence on this forum. The line between acceptance of difference and faithfulness to one's own beliefs is a difficult one to walk.Personally, I don't feel great about the "get in line or go somewhere else" message that I am hearing. Meanwhile, I also understand the need to get information outto people about methods that have been harmful to some. I hope that there is some happy medium that this community can find, a balance of tolerance and integrity that can be stuck.Just wanting to voicethat wish into the universe.

Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts

To each their own. =) <3

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form