Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
So, as I've been exploring this wonderful site I've seen many people saying that wax is bad. Now I've only waxed my dreads twice now, and I'm done! My question is...I've used wax twice, and not much at all. Do I need to strip it? I'm not using Any conventional dread wax...the stuff I've been using is called ghd sculpting wax matte finish. Someone help me out please...Thanks guys :)
updated by @dreadfultravis: 02/14/15 09:42:28AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
yeah you should do some wax removals. There are instructions on the DREAD WAX TRUTH link at the top.Do you have the ingredients on hand??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tomorow we are adding an even more effective wax remover because so far even the best efforts to remove wax have not been too promicing but the new way we are putting up tomorow looks promicing for removing most if not all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I have NO Idea what that is! Doesn't sound too good though!lol! Could you provide us with a list of ingredients?

I would recommend you read this as well

If you're thinking about using dread wax or just wondering why it's so bad, read this!

DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
okay, I got the ingridients here. The ingridients are:KaolinPetrolatumCetearyl AlcoholMineral OilPEG-7 GlycerylCocoateAMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate copolymerButylene GlycolEthylhexyl MethoxycinnamateHelianthusAnnuus (Sunflower, Tournesol) Seed ExtractSiltDiazolidinyl UreaMethylparabenPropylene GlycolPropylparabenParfum (Fragrance)lol long list sorry. ;)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea def. get that stuff OUT! Travis Langton said:
okay, I got the ingridients here. The ingridients are:
Kaolin
Petrolatum
Cetearyl Alcohol
Mineral Oil
PEG-7 Glyceryl
Cocoate
AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate copolymer
Butylene Glycol
Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate
Helianthus
Annuus (Sunflower, Tournesol) Seed Extract
Silt
Diazolidinyl Urea
Methylparaben
Propylene Glycol
Propylparaben
Parfum (Fragrance)
lol long list sorry. ;)
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Just wash your hair. A few deep cleans would be beneficial.
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
So, is there any hope for them or should I just take them out and restart? I'll post a few pics below. *Note: The weird ones on top are just from me tying them back.

updated by @dreadfultravis: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
That's really up to you. Try a deep cleanse and see what happens. I am really unfamiliar with this product so maybe it will come out easier than traditional wax? Maybe not. It does seem to have a lot of chems in it. So try the wash and go from there. Good Luck!
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
seriously like a shampoo then a baking soda wash will get that out all of it theres not even wax in that its not a dread wax its the stuff people use to spike and chunk their hair itll come right out i swear to bob
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form