Before I get started
1. When showering but not washing your dreads do you put them up or in a cap so they don’t get wet?
2. When doing the neglect do I need to put my hair up when sleeping?
3. Do I need to palm roll the neglected dreads?
4. Do I leave my new growth and let it do it’s own thing?
5. When doing the neglect do I wash my hair when I feel it needs it instead of everyday or every other day?
6. Now for the oil does it matter if I use it straight oil and massage the scalp or can I make spray or do both?
7. Do you use oil everyday or once a week?
8. Do you use the refresh spray everyday or as you need?
9. What happens if I get my dreads wet?
1. If I am not going to wash my hair, I let my hair get wet.
2. You do not have to put your hair up. I drape the length of my hair over the back of my pillow so that I do not lay down it.
3. No. Just pull your sections of hair away from each other.
4. New growth comes out of your scalp and will do it's own thing anyway. The formation of a dreadlock depends on your natural hair growth cycle and new tangles. Seriously a dreadlock can be made with as few as four or five individual hair follicles. In some social circles... thanks to all of the tangles created by the wind, sections of "Wind blown" hair is a dreadlock.
5. Just wash your hair on a regular basis.
If you wish, you can wash less often and your scalp will gradually produce less sebum(oil). You can start washing your hair less often with washing your hair every other day. The "Baking soda and water" mixture will remove some excess oil on days you do not wash your hair and later become the base of a "Shampoo" and "Conditioner."
6. I do not use oils except for a "carrier oil" and the essentials oils in the "shampoo" I mix together. I wash my hair at least twice week.
7. No. (See answer 6)
8. No. (See answer 6)
9. Your hair gets wet when your dreadlocks get wet. Drying dreadlocks is not difficult... Just wring out excess water and let your hair dry. If you are in a rush, towel drying or blow drying will help.
updated by @goldeneagle: 03/16/18 10:05:55PM