Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Such thing as too small of a section?

solarlove
@solarlove
4 years ago
9 posts

My established sections keep breaking down into tinier sections. Like REALLY tiny. I would say it’s half a width of a pencil. Is this too tiny? Should I wait it out, and see? Or should combine them later on if too small? 

solarlove
@solarlove
4 years ago
9 posts

Here’s a photo of one big section that automatically started breaking into 3. Should I leave it? Would love some input. I’m a little scared that the smaller sections wouldn’t be sturdy enough.

updated by @solarlove: 09/22/20 05:25:32PM
solarlove
@solarlove
4 years ago
9 posts

This is a photo of my whole head. Not sure if you can see it, but when dry those obvious sections start breaking into smaller sections. I am 4 months in by the way. 

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  3.2MB

updated by @solarlove: 09/22/20 05:27:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
29,639 posts
amazing they will be great cuz no such thingas too small I had one there is one millimeter by.2 mm that was three even tiny or sections combined

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
solarlove
@solarlove
4 years ago
9 posts
@soaring-eagle ok awesome! I’ll just let them do what they want. I just wanted to make sure they’re strong enough. Thank you for easing my nerves! 🙃
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
4 years ago
393 posts

Adding what "SoaringEagle" stated. Most of my dreadlocks are thinner than standard number 2 pencil and some are three or four hair follicles.  For some segments of wind blown, that is not bushed out yet, are dreadlocks. 

updated by @goldeneagle: 10/08/20 12:27:53AM
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 years ago
233 posts
My sons are naturally small like that. It’s not something to worry about. I’ve brushed out one very thick dread that was two at the base. Thinner is more comfortable probably. I can’t use a pillow anymore lol. Thinking a tam will make sleep more comfortable for now anyways lol!
Jessie-Rose
@jessierose
4 years ago
16 posts

solarlove:

Here’s a photo of one big section that automatically started breaking into 3. Should I leave it? Would love some input. I’m a little scared that the smaller sections wouldn’t be sturdy enough.

A lot of mine started out that way (my photos are old).  I was really worried about that too, but I just kept telling myself "the dread will end up the width of the base." Some of them are still super little. It's neat though, some of them still bunched up doing a weird loopy zig zag and because of how tiny they are it's a bit absurd :P 

The way my super straight hair formed, the under side developed waaaay faster than the top bits, so I still have some straight hair on top that's still trying to find a home. I just think that they will probably survive on their own like the ones below did.  Or if they are too little, they will either find a big brother to take care of them, or I can join them up with one later.  Would be much easier than forcing them into larger sections and then realizing you shouldn't have. 

--
x-Jessie
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
3 years ago
54 posts

I also have some that are sooooo thin like that. Most of them are in the front but there are a few in the back as well. Also i had other ones that were that thin and thickened over time. Those particular ones are about sharpee thick now. And all of those are in the back. 

benzene994
@benzene994
3 years ago
21 posts

those look amazing! I hope mine get like that, my hair is naturally curly/wavy so I've a lot of twisters like yours that start out as one but break into 3-5. I'm trying to go natural this time

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form