Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Discouraged

Brady Langer
@brady-langer
14 years ago
2 posts
It's only been two days without washing my hair and my scalp is already itchy and I feel dirty. I don't know if I can take it. I don't care what my hair looks like, I just hate feeling dirrty!
updated by @brady-langer: 02/14/15 03:37:19AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
then wash u dont gotta not wash your hair but washing lil less often helps it dry between and your scalp produces less oilsi recomend u go 1 day beyond what feels good get used to that and when it feels ok go 1 day more if your max is washing every 3 days thats fine theres no reason to wash just weekly untill washing becomes a chore then u might wanna just do it twice a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brady Langer
@brady-langer
14 years ago
2 posts
Okay, so I think I can go another day or two, I'm tough lol. When I do wash I'm kinda confused on what to do. I know what to use, but when I wash what do I do? Just dump the solution on my head and let it sit, then rinse it out? Cold water, hot? Air dry? Am I not supposed to touch my hair?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if your talking bout the baking soda yea just pour on let soak then do the acv rince and rince out wellid just shake my head then drip dry but thats metouching well touching can create or undo knots depending how u touch if your not sure then better to just leave it be let it lock Brady Langer said:
Okay, so I think I can go another day or two, I'm tough lol. When I do wash I'm kinda confused on what to do. I know what to use, but when I wash what do I do? Just dump the solution on my head and let it sit, then rinse it out? Cold water, hot? Air dry? Am I not supposed to touch my hair?

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
I rub my scalp using my palms rather than my finger tips and then let the baking soda and water solution sit for ten to fifteen minutes.After rinsing my hair and getting out of the shower I put a towel over my head for a few minutes and then let my hair air dry the rest of the way.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I wash my hair when ever I feel it needs to be washed.Sometimes every other day, sometimes two days in a row (camp fires sweat etc) and sometimes three days between washing.I also massage my scalp but I'm a sucker for a good scalp scratch/massage.Its dreading up great.
Justmyparanoia
@justmyparanoia
14 years ago
15 posts
Please, wash when you feel like washing. Are you doing it the neglect way? my boyfriend does te same, and i've bought him some awesome shampoo. It really works. Mayb it would also work for your hair. It's called knotty boy shampoo bar (and no, normally i'm not a fan of knottyboy, but this is serious the SHIT), it's a block of soap. You can rub it on your head, wash your body with it, clean your clothes etc. It's very usefull for all kind of things (and completely natural). It make's your hair very messy, you can instantly feel it when your hair begins to dry. I would certainly recommend this to you, and to anyone who wants there hair to be messy :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
watter will wash it out however vinagar reacts with it restoring a more nutral ph ballance (and making hair feel soft and incredible) u can skip the vinagar early on but if u get dry scalp and itch id recomend it otherwise the baking soda can dry youir scalp...experiement ho u might not want hair too soft early on Metalhead Fred said:
Does baking soda have to be washed out with vinegar, or will water suffice?

soaringeagle said:
if your talking bout the baking soda yea just pour on let soak then do the acv rince and rince out well
id just shake my head then drip dry but thats me
touching well touching can create or undo knots depending how u touch if your not sure then better to just leave it be let it lock

Brady Langer said:

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Take a look through the dread products section for tips too
j.boy
@jboy
14 years ago
47 posts
take the palm of your hand and rub your head..like a head massage..;)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form