Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Discouraged

Raychelicious
@raychelicious
14 years ago
14 posts
I learned this from some friends who wear "weaves," you tap your head lightly with your palm or tips of your fingers held together. It helps the hair scratch your scalp!
updated by @raychelicious: 07/23/15 03:19:09AM
Kelly
@kelly
14 years ago
5 posts
Don't worry, itll get better! Before I had dreads my hair was ridiculously oily and I had to waersh it every day and it would still be a bit lank. But your scalp will get used to the less frequent washing in a few months =), after around 6 months with dreads I couldn't feel a difference between washing them every day or once a month. If you just want to get rid of the dirty feeling, just put your hair under the shower head, and get them wet.
Justmyparanoia
@justmyparanoia
14 years ago
15 posts
dude, that's just dirty. not natural, animals are washing themselves too you know Broken Dread said:
haha i only wash like twice a year! spring n fall. the 'dirty' feeling is just that. a feeling. a mental state. once u rise above that then it just feels natural not washing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive washed mine weekly or twice a week for 20 years and never had mold i wet em all the time i expose em to elements and drag em through mud but i keep em cleanif i go longer then a week my scalp starts falling aparti feel grosswhen i was livin in a cabin with no water i could only wash em every few eeeks i hated it i would do anything to wash em even washing em out side in a blizzard with a bucket of cold water...i dunno howe u can stand that dirty feeling..i dont mind being covered in mud head to toe for a week or 2 when camping but i gotta get clean when i get home and i cant stand it for too long..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u can smell mold in wet dreads and yea im 100% sure i keep my dreads clean n healthy only thing in em is some lint and wool fuxzz i never bothered to pick out and became part of the dreeads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
The nutrients from dead skin cells, dust, scalp oils, whatever finds your way into you dreads is what the mold lives on. Just basic biology....

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form