Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what are some of the best/ worst questions that you get about your dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
omg i love love love love you chevythats the greattest thing i ever heardbut besides that..didnt jesus walk around basicly in underwear alot?every thing he did was concidered disgraceful..treatting lepers as human, touching them..being freinds to whores and theiveschoosing to not quest after wealth.. Chevelle Trant said:
I get the old do you wash them bit a lot,, Then the can I touch them , how long have you had them, why did you want them , are you going to cut them to get a good job?, and the best one ever was the preacher of a christian church here,,He asked me why I would grow my hair in such a disgraceful manner,,I asked him to look up on his wall the next time he went into his church and look at the guy on the cross he prays to,,lol, tell me what his hair looks like cuz i bet its not buzz cut.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/17/15 04:41:56PM
bill
@bill
15 years ago
30 posts
why would any one with a sence of what really matters quest for wealth ? money is a old way of thinking, and i think it's time for reform soaringeagle said:
choosing to not quest after wealth..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
totaly agreeein fact im gonna start a barter thread bill said:
why would any one with a sence of what really matters quest for wealth ? money is a old way of thinking, and i think it's time for reform

soaringeagle said:
choosing to not quest after wealth..

--
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
hey dood, dont' even worry about getting people fired up, if you have positive intentions, and your'e firing up a controversial issue like... just about anything. i think its good and even healthy to bring people to speak their truth, to speak their side.getting fired up is also just teh same as getting inspired to share your thoughts...its all for the good of us all :D thanks for firing us up man :D !!!nemaste~ my friends, zak
Ianthe
@ianthe
15 years ago
1 posts
I Agree.. "Black Crack Neigborhood" :( tha tron said:
could you please edit your post? black crack neighborhood is very offensive. I won't take any offence in it if you were to edit it. I think you can understand why blessings.
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
amen!! Ianthe said:
I Agree.. "Black Crack Neigborhood" :(

tha tron said:
could you please edit your post? black crack neighborhood is very offensive. I won't take any offence in it if you were to edit it. I think you can understand why blessings.
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
im not going to argue with you about it all your going to do is post up a stupid lame ass fail pic. black crack neighborhood isn't politicaly correct it almost has a ring of intended humor to it. I don't care if he's racist or not that's not my problem, Im one of the few minorities that are in here so a little respect would be nice not just for me but everyone on here. he didn't have to mention race what-so-ever could have said rough neighborhood or drug infested neighborhood. The fact that drugs were even mentioned is not even related to the conversation. He could have simply said when I lived in a perdominately black neighborhood people would ask me... about my dreads. it's as simple as that. I hope that the fail pic that you choose is creative for this one. What do you do go to fail.com and download the pics? cool!! Jelly said:
enough please with the racial hypersensitivity. look at what se wrote:

"when i was livin in a mostly black crack neighbourhood..."

now if you read exactly what's there, then restate it in different terms, like this, for instance:

'the drug use affected neighborhood was predominantly african-american'

or:

'a "mostly black" neighborhood where crack use had had an effect.'

but any of the 3 ways, including se's initial wording are valid and non-racist. how would you have described it? And are you saying you have NEVER used an ethnic term to describe a group of people or places? Are you that pure and perfect?

J

tha tron said:
amen!!

Ianthe said:
I Agree.. "Black Crack Neigborhood" :(

tha tron said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i'll edit the post to include a full history of the neighbourhoodin the beginning it was hunting grounds for the delaware tribe that inhabitted the regionafter philidelphia was established as the nations ca[ital and began to grow new neighbourhoods spread westward crossing the schuykil riverthe exact neighbourhood now known as the gut or the adjoining bottoms (named after the black bottoms society that is the neighbourhood group) was originaly workers on the then horse drawn trolleys this was mostly chinese at the timeover the years however it became nearly entirely african americanthe crack bomb hit many neighbourhoods around the same time, kensington (mostly wite) is acrtualy far scarier to me then the gut was (also called uper mill creek after an underground creek that flows beneath the streets)i'll also remind you that this was my home, the place i felt safest in the world for 10 years i never locked my doors once even when leaving town for weeks at a time (i feared losing my keys more then being robbed)the funny thing about all this is.. the people who live there would have taken no offence to my statementsthey were some of the most interesting people i know and if i wasnt at home or off drumming in the woods then in the heart of that neighbourhood was where youd find me day after day..it was my favorite place to beand yes the drugs wrre a problem like they are in so many neighbourhoods..but this 1 in particular had so much heartthe area was completely devastated by drugs, half the buildings in danger of collapseone of the areas in the worse shape around..yet..still one of the best places to bethat says so much for the kind of people who lived there

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oh and ill add..it was a learnming experience for meif we could all get along under the harshest of circumstances we should be able to get along here..sitting home comfy not even having to face eachotherr face to face

--
Sam James
@sam-james
15 years ago
10 posts
for me i always get the "its really cute but ..... how do you do it? do you wash it ever? i thought only african americans did that" & then since i wear tie dyes & have tattoos & dreads people are always eyeballing me like.one time i was going on a hike with my friend, we walked past two people & i heard them say under their breath "their hiiiiiiigh" when i clearly was not!i turned around & said, nah, but i really wish i was :Pi hate it >.<</body>

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form