Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Alright...you win!

Cargo Chick
@cargo-chick
14 years ago
28 posts
I came here a few days ago, not realizing that this site was about natural dreads (versus crocheted or something like that). I told you all of my plans to go to a stylist to get dreads...and well, let's face it, I got slammed! I was a little pissy about all the negative comments I got...y'all were pretty abrupt! So I deleted my account and then thought about what you said. Yeah yeah yeah. lolI decided to do twist n rip dreads, no extensions...no products. I finished dreading on the 3rd of Sept...used the baking soda and vinegar wash today. This is when they were wet from the shower...looking okay? Any tips?

updated by @cargo-chick: 02/14/15 09:57:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea look good they coulda been lil tighter but too tight would actualy slow things so if any attempt to come unraveled just toss a bead on them as near the tip as it will stickoff to9 a great startand we might prefer natural dreads (many of us) but its not a natural dreads forum its a forum that cares about healthy dreads that last and salon dreads rarely do in fact at least 70% are started over within 3 weeks to 3 months..just a massive waste of moneyget some sea salt (not iodized table salt) and put a spoonful in a spray bottle and spray a few hours b4 i wash and will help them dread up faster (u can add a spoonful to the baking soda too if u want)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy the front ones look really good the back will dread up fastest (if u sleep on your back)post a timeline every 2 weeks or so and congrats

--
Cargo Chick
@cargo-chick
14 years ago
28 posts
if they loosen up, like they are in the back right now...should I t &r them more? Would that help or just delay the inevitable loosening?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well some loosenings normal b4 they tighten so any messing with them can interfere with progresstnr generaly holds together much better then backcombing so they shouldnt come apart completely and as long as they hold the sections they'll do finewool and sea salt will help alotu can get yourself a wool tam or put a wiool sweater over your pillowdont monitor progress daily instead every couple weeksbut your off to a good start Cargo Chick said:
if they loosen up, like they are in the back right now...should I t &r them more? Would that help or just delay the inevitable loosening?

--
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
well glad you came back, we just want whats best for ppl when it comes to dreads.... and the salon is not it, and you off to a great start, good luck and keep us updated with pics
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Sometimes tone is a perception of the reader. It can be hard to not have everyone agree with you or hard to accept new information if its contrary to your preconceived ideas.Any ways I'm glad you came back.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hey Cargo Chick!!! Nice to see you back baby girl!! And what you have done looks super!!! You are gonna have some beautiful, healthy REAL dreads that you will love for a lifetime! I am sooooo proud of you for making the right choice and I am thrilled to welcome you into the family! Get an old, wool sweater and put it on your pillow for a case, you will see real progress from that. Also, try some sea salt spray, it will help too. Anything you need...just holler...we are all her to help you! :D
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
they look great! Glad you decided to stay! I know we can seem a lil harsh sometimes but we really hate to see people get screwed and be unhappy with their dreads. Your T & R looks great sometimes when it's done too tight it looks like braids and has to loosen up a bit before the real dreading process starts. Don't T & R them again even if they do come unknotted just leave em be wash and separate when you need to. Keep us updated I can't wait to see them progress! Many Blessings
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Looks great :)My tip-Get a wool tam or a wool sweater to put over your pillow...it makes hair dread so much faster :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form