Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Serious case of the Fuzzy Wuzzies!

Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
I had my hair backcombed on saturday, took 25hrs! afterwards there were so many loose hairs they're acting as a net catching bugs etc. will this fuzzyness go down using patience or will palm rolling help more? FYI NO wax has been used at all, initially due to time constraints, now more due to the fact I don't want to use it! Also, how long should i leave it before washing? and one more thing... After sleeping some of my locs have started beaver tailing, does anyone have advise on how to prevent this from happening?Cheers dudes, this site is awesome. Will be coming here for all my dread advice now. Never using DHHQ EVER again! Thanks SE!
updated by @gary-charlesworth: 02/14/15 09:39:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 fuzziness is normal it gets better with time2 wash when u feel u should or if u feel u should after just 1 or 2 days then well wash 1 day after u feel u should..lolonce or twice a weeks best for most pplpalm rollings uselessby beavertailing do u mean..flattening or several joining togetherif u mean flattening..dont worry they do that most round out eventual but if they stay flat so what it gives em character and if i]u mean several joining together into a wide flat dread then..seperate em often pull em in oposite directions ripping the connecting hairs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
Cheers guys your advice is well recieved and much appreciated! Needless to say if I ever get anyone asking about dreads, I will direct them here. You guys are awesome!
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Patience is always the answer to dread related questions. Congrats on starting your journey! Make sure to keep us posted on how they mature!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Welcome! Glad you found us. I believe your fuzziness will go down some as soon as you wash but since you used the method of backcombing it will take some time to go down fully. Palm rolling really just slows down the process of dreading. Leave your hair alone as much as possible now, besides separating the congos and wash when you feel you need to.Many Blessings
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
For new baby dreads it's recommended that acv use is limited. it conditions and will definitely unlock some of the progress. But acv is also fantastic for an itchy scalp.Have fun on your dread journey :) Chewin Change said:

Fuzzies can also happen from the hair bein a little dry. Try conditioning via a BS/ACV wash.
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
Wow thanks for all your advice. I am certainly very exited about my dread journey, I will keep you all updated with my progress. Thank you for your kindness :)
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
tams are your best friend when your hair is friztastic sticking up every where. i have a basket hat i got when i first ordered from knotty boy and i love it for when i need to look nice and presentable, i also where to sleep in and just about any other time i can get away with it. tams are also nice if you drive with windows down as the wind seems to make ever loose hair stand up, and it also keeps ashes out of your hair if you smoke.its also nice because you can buy one from one of the member stores and support forum members and the forum itself for cheaper than it would if you got one from one of the monsters.if you just want the friz to go down though, it's just time. im guilty of trying to dreadball or what ever loose hair and trying to stuff in in my roots or something but then i realized that i've been jaming my fingers through my roots making big holes like a dummy. just gotta let'em be though, they will come together
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
putting the acv in one of those squirt bottles you can buy at beauty supply stores stops the hair from getting un-knotted with use. Just squirt it sparingly on your scalp and then rinse, some will obviously still get in there but not nearly as much. Chewin Change said:
thanks my bad!

MzElaineous said:
For new baby dreads it's recommended that acv use is limited. it conditions and will definitely unlock some of the progress. But acv is also fantastic for an itchy scalp.

Have fun on your dread journey :)

Chewin Change said:

Fuzzies can also happen from the hair bein a little dry. Try conditioning via a BS/ACV wash.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
One thing I noticed about fuzzies is that back combed hair seems to have it the worst!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form