Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Big decision

Addiboy
@addiboy
14 years ago
17 posts
I have had my dreads for about ten months now. I used the backcombing method and used wax for the first couple months. After reading the things on this site I am contemplating starting over, but I can't imagine chopping all my hair off. Im pretty happy with the way they look but i like the idea of natural dreads being unique.I just don't know what to do. Does anybody have some good advice?
updated by @addiboy: 01/13/15 08:39:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea like she said theres no reason to cut u can start off doing wax removal and if thats not good eniugh comb em out carefully and let em dreadbut just getting the wax out will help a ton

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
I agree with knottysleeves =]once the wax is out they'll have some space and you'll probably get that uniqueness you desire =}
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
yo i jus started mine 4 days ago and im glad this site steered me clear of the wax cuz i was real close to using it... jus wash it out real hard and then grow them that way
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Ive seen photos of dreads before and after wax removal... WOW! Huge different. Try that and I assure you they will feel like brand new dreads :)
Addiboy
@addiboy
14 years ago
17 posts
I'm not even sure if my hair would dread by itself if I did start over. Befor I back combed it I didn't really do much to my hair and it didn't dread. Just washed it and towel dried it. I never combed it or anything soaringeagle said:
yea like she said theres no reason to cut u can start off doing wax removal and if thats not good eniugh comb em out carefully and let em dread
but just getting the wax out will help a ton
Addiboy
@addiboy
14 years ago
17 posts
how long doeshair have to be before it starts naturally dreading on it's own?
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
DuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuDe my dreads are exactgly in the same position as yours!!! i started them ten months ago through backcombing and wax. I waxxed for 1 month i think maybe a lil more but i love my dreads man and the wax is coming out over time which means somedays i wake up and they look well different to tjhe previous day!
Addiboy
@addiboy
14 years ago
17 posts
Last night I decided to see If my dreads had gross wax build up since I used in the past so I chopped off the tip of a really stiff one to see.luckily I found nothing but I still decided to do the wax removal process just in case even thongh it's a major pain just like putting wax in.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form