Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

essential oils for dreads and scalp health

Arden Rayne
@arden-rayne
12 years ago
18 posts

It's not enough oil to make your hair look oily. I use coconut oil, hemp and Argan oil if my hair feels dry. and sometimes Cocoa Butter. I have had a bottle of Sandalwood for a very long time. If you get pure therapeutic grade oils you will not need to use more than 1 or 2 drops.

updated by @arden-rayne: 07/10/15 02:25:57AM
Arden Rayne
@arden-rayne
12 years ago
18 posts

I do not buy the ones in the store because they are not therapeutic or food grade. they contain solvents and chemicals and are not pure. That is why I recommend, Young Living Oils and Mountain Rose Herbs. I still investigate to find new places that offer therapeutic grade oils. All the oils I get are pure and most of them may be ingested. There are a few that are NOT to be taken internally; Wintergreen and Jasmine. I take a good amount of the oils internally. They are their own kind of medicine and I really love oils.

Arden Rayne said:

It's not enough oil to make your hair look oily. I use coconut oil, hemp and Argan oil if my hair feels dry. and sometimes Cocoa Butter. I have had a bottle of Sandalwood for a very long time. If you get pure therapeutic grade oils you will not need to use more than 1 or 2 drops.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

missed ya arden!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MegN
@megn
12 years ago
19 posts
thanks!! :)
Shannon aka dorkpixie
@shannon-aka-dorkpixie
12 years ago
23 posts
What if you have combination hair; oily roots, dry ends?Also, a friend of mine swears by patchouli oil and peppermint oil for sinuses. A drop of each on a rag or towel and enjoy. I personally do not like any kind of mint; but this actually smells great! <3

--
~Namaste
Arden Rayne
@arden-rayne
12 years ago
18 posts

For sinuses I would use Eucalyptus (there are 3 different ones) and some really good mixes. I kept this information for hair and dreadlocks. There are some oils that are NOT recommended if you are pregnant. There are sites on the internet that list oils to be avoided. I would hope that most pregnant women check everything out. Some of those sites are very cautious with the oils. Many of us have used most of the oils anyway. During the first trimester is the time to be careful with many things and of course some of the oils.

Take care.

Arlequine Mardoll
@arlequine-mardoll
12 years ago
11 posts

Eucalyptus works indeed so well for sinuses ! I love it !

Today I washed with baking soda and ACV again - starting to get quite big knots, hehe - and I used Myrrh essential oil in the BS. According to my sources, it is antiviral, antiinfectious, antiparasitic, and good for irritated skin.

I added only 4 drops for a liter of water, and rinced thoroughly, but my hair still scent a lot like myrrh now. I so love the smell ! Was half a good idea though, because the oil formed some kind of small resinous "stones" in the bottle, didn't dissolve or disperse at all. I'll try to find a solution to that because I had to be extra careful not to let those "stones" get out of the bottle and tangle in my hair...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yourd want teatree and rosemaery and yea u can leave em in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

yes absolutely you can mix many different essential oils together in your mix. if anything i stick with a few drops of tea tree, rosemary, and maybe lavandar, just shake vigerously to mix completely and break down the oils as much as possible baking soda help this happen too.

Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
11 years ago
19 posts
for the biotin, I bought capsules do I just take them daily are there other ways to use it?

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form