Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

essential oils for dreads and scalp health

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I wasn't sure if this would be a better place to add/ask about this in lieu of starting a new topic... but, here I go!

In a rather round about way (my cat trying to drink my tea -> seeing if tea is good for cats -> conversation about catnip tea -> looking up catnip tea info) I found interesting information about catnip tea and it's many uses. This site I came across had, at about midway down, external uses for the tea as well and I took note of the dandruff/scalp relief.

Has anyone heard of this? Know anyone who uses this or has themselves used it? I'd like to know about it's effectiveness and it could possibly be added to the list of natural recommendations :)

Here is the site I was referring to: http://www.therighttea.com/catnip-tea.html

updated by @valrie: 07/09/15 11:45:15PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think Mountain Rose is pretty good:
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

SE: Maybe this link can be added to the original post?

Baba Fats said:

I get mine from Whole Foods. They have the best in-store selection around me. Trader Joes has a few. But there is a great link somewhere on this site that Eagle can point you to. They have everything and good prices. I haven't bought from them yet, but I have checked them out. I can't find the link now, but they are great too

Zach Freeman
@zach-freeman
12 years ago
21 posts
I've been trying so hard to stay off this site while im growing my hair out (it makes me impatient haha). Im so glad I saw this though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sure ill add it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sister Rags
@sister-rags
12 years ago
21 posts

I know some about eo's, but didn't know about the hair benefits of sage oils. Thanks :)

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

My dad is like 68ish and has been going bald since I was maybe 10ish. My older brother has been going bald since 15 and he's 40 now. Little brother is slowly going bald! I'm the only one that still has somewhat of a full head of hair, though thinning and has always been thin cause every time going to the barber as a kid, mom always wanted our hair thinned out when it wasn't thick to start with! I do have a bit of a small bald spot that has started prolly in the last 10yrs right at the crown of my head but have noticed it's slowly coming back! Pap on mom's side was slowly going bald!

Baba Fats said:

My dad's mom and dad both had full heads of hair. My moms dad was straight bald and her mom had very thin hair. My mom has very thin hair. and my cousin on her side started going bald in his late 20's

Sister Rags
@sister-rags
12 years ago
21 posts

Supposedly, the genetic tendency for male pattern baldness is inherited from the mother, not the father. So-called "thinning" your hair wouldn't cause baldness unless it was done constantly, as in...every day (traction alopecia).

Donna Martin
@donna-martin
12 years ago
4 posts
Ihave been using the same homemade mixture on my locks since I stopped brushing over four years ago. Into a two cup spray bottle I add 1/2 bottle Organic Witch Hazel w/Aloe, five drops tea tree essential oil, five drops peppermint oil, five drops citrus(your preference, I like grapefruit), 5 drops tea tree, drop or two neem oil and fill with water. I use it 3-5 times a day but I have VERY dry, coarse, curly hair and need the moisture to help prevent breakage. 2-3 would prob. be sufficient for most. the peppermint helps w/itching, citrus and TT and mint repel bugs, aloe for condition, WH and TT for disenfecting props. all around a great little bottle of joy!
MegN
@megn
12 years ago
19 posts
sandalwood is kinda expensive when it comes to these oils..... what do ya think about this? http://www.vitacost.com/aura-cacia-precious-essentials-sandalwood-blended-with-jojoba-oil-0-5-fl-oz adding a few drops of this sandalwood jojoba mix to my bs wash or rinse would be fine right? i loooove the smell of sandalwood....
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sandalwood is actually very rare, and is hard to find without being mixed with jojoba or another oil. Most distributors are against selling pure sandalwood for that reason. So using the one you posted is just fine.

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form