Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

essential oils for dreads and scalp health

michell loera
@michell-loera-clifford
11 years ago
11 posts

Just wondering How much i should dilute an essential oil? What would be themixing ratio?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

very very diluted

like 1-2 drops a cup max i think i use 10-30 drops to a gallon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

daily without fail for months and months

Brianna Elizabeth said:

for the biotin, I bought capsules do I just take them daily are there other ways to use it?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
rachael orme
@rachael-orme
11 years ago
3 posts
What would happen if I put concentrated essential oils on my dreads I got lice and I put a lot on my head after using the harsh chemical teeatments to kill them my hair was dry n brittle but I'm just wondering if Its harmful to my hair to put non dilutw
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is a link to help you in the future with dreads and lice, Soaring Eagles is the first reply to the post: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/how-to-get-rid-of-lice-in

Adding Tree Tea Oil regularly to your washing/shampooing will help keep them away from your dreads.

For your brittle hair, Mix 2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar mixed with 5 cups of water and pour on head after you've rinsed out your shampoo or whatever you use, leave it on for a few minutes for a deep conditioning. This will help balance the hairs PH. Normally the ACV would only stay on for no more than a minute because it is a conditioner and if over conditioned, your knots may slip out. I did not look how old your dreads are, but if mature, then they won't slip out.

Sorry to hear you got them, they are such a pain in the ass, everything about them. ...Peace

rachael orme said:

What would happen if I put concentrated essential oils on my dreads I got lice and I put a lot on my head after using the harsh chemical teeatments to kill them my hair was dry n brittle but I'm just wondering if Its harmful to my hair to put non dilutw
rachael orme
@rachael-orme
11 years ago
3 posts
Awesome yeah I've done vinegar and everything everuthings good so far because I caught them early but my boyfriend just found out he got them in hisdreads so iI've been using tea tree (my fav) cedarwood lavendar peppermint and eucalyptus. Yeah they really are a pain. Thanks for the advice:)
Gavin Parsons
@gavin-parsons
11 years ago
8 posts

This is so informative...I immedietly got on here freaking out because of dandruff but if I would have just read a little more, smh. Thanks everybody!

updated by @gavin-parsons: 07/23/15 08:56:19AM
Emem Obong
@emem-obong
11 years ago
1 posts
Hello Soaring Eagle,For the dandruff treatmentDandruff:5 drops Lemon1 drop Rosemary cineol or Sage1 drop LavenderDilute this 50:50 and massage into scalp. Leave on. Go do something. Do with your usual rinse into 1 qt/liter of water.Is Rosemary oil same as rosemary cineol?Is clary sage same as just sage?Must I rinse the oils out?How many times a week can I repeat this application?Thanks so much and Sorry for the many questions.
erik5166
@erik5166
8 years ago
30 posts

This is an old but good thread! I recently used essential oil for the first time, and I liked how it looked and felt on my hair, but I am wondering how much it might slow down the dreading process? Is it kind of a no-no while trying to get dreads to begin with? I have lots of baby dreads and lots of loose hair still, so I am wondering if it's better to wait until I have mostly mature dreads? My hair tends to stay nice and dry in general.

Also, I have seen some people adding essential oil to their sea salt lock accelerator.... is this defeating the purpose of using an accelerator, or is it good for preventing itch and over-drying? Thanks in advance for any advice!

/ 9
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form