Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

shrinking.

Aspin Crowder
@aspin-crowder
12 years ago
7 posts

soooo my dreads are like getting shorter and shorter.. like they are shrinking.. will it like stay like this or will they eventually get long and not so bumpy?

updated by @aspin-crowder: 01/13/15 09:30:49PM
Tyler3
@borntodie
12 years ago
25 posts

This is part of the process. This is how they lock up and mature into dreads. Mine shrunk too,and I knew they would after I washed them for the first time. I can't wait until mine get really long, but that probably won't be for another year or two.I just want to enjoy the journey, you know? You should too! :-D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha

ofcourse

they loops and shrink as they tighten

and when they are tight a they get they grow

think about whats happening

ok heres a vague diagram

u got hairs all nice and neatly combed

==========

then they start to knot

xxxxxxxxxx

and tighten

|||||||||||

the hairs no longer straight its all scrunched up and 1/2 the length

but the hairs always still growing so

|||||||||||

becones

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

then

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

then

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

then reaches the ground

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

love this diagram haha. made me smile :) my hairs are totally going through this stage now too. It looks like I have flat sguiggly paddles attached to my head.i'm guessing they flatten when they shrink then get fatter and rounder as they tighten up.

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

lol great diagram! My hair went from boob level to wayyyyy above my shoulders. I am the only person I know who lost THAT much length. I had no shrinkage the first 4 or 5 months, then it got so short I almost brushed my dreads out.... I'm a little over 2 years in and happy to say I FINALLY have some good length! It started really growing about 6 months ago, and let me tell you those 3 inches made me so happy!!!!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

One of the ones I had in the beginning was about 1 inch long when it finally matured. 6 years later it's about 16 inches long. They do srink up a ton when they start out, but then they explode with growth. There's a point where they shrink. Then a point where they see to not grow or shrink at all. They they just grow out of control.

Little Wing
@little-wing
12 years ago
41 posts

Yep. It is true!. You gotta see mine. I started from chest size dreads and now I have them almost chinlength, hahahaha. Super messy and loopy and I'm just in my third month.

Aspin Crowder
@aspin-crowder
12 years ago
7 posts

i'm in my ninth month and they are just now starting to shrink and get all loopy.. hah but i had super straight hair before. but i am reallllly starting to love my hair!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form