Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My greatest decision in life :)

CarrionDoll
@carriondoll
12 years ago
6 posts

Your hairs are beautiful, as are you. I went through the same thing as you. Thinking I wanted perfectly maintained, uniform dreads. Didn't take me long to get over that! heh I quickly fell in love with all the lumps, bumps and craziness. Even after almost 5 years (next April), I can't keep my hands out of them.

updated by @carriondoll: 07/22/15 07:22:10PM
derek3
@derek3
12 years ago
10 posts
I too was had the same mentality of "perfect" dreads. Once I did my tnr method I realized that the hair itself, every strand, had its own wants and needs. It's a beautiful thing the transformation of each dread as they mature and I've found a solid 2-3 times a week BS soak really helps the process. Clean dreads are happy dreads! We are created in the image of yahweh himself, perfection, why change and or less with perfection. You are all beautiful and daydreamer, you are very gorgeous as well. No doubt! Your dreads are wonderful and should be an inspiration for others! I need to post more pics but mine are almost 4 months. And change is amazing. I love it. People bitched and moaned cuz they thought I ruined my long "beautiful" hair. Haha, I said no, now its perfect. Keep in touch daydreamer. I like watching the changes. Grace and truth to all!
River Darling
@river-darling
12 years ago
11 posts

These are beautiful!! So are you :)
I loved reading this, I wanted "perfect" dreads at first too, now I love the crazy stuff each of them does! Only have three so I admire you going for it all at once :)

River Darling
@river-darling
12 years ago
11 posts

They're beautiful. I'm thinking of doing some t'n'r myself, as a gauge, how long did your "wiggles" take to settle down?

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

My wiggles an loops are settling but they won't be completely done for a while. I'm in my 7th month now and they started popping up around my 2nd thru 4th months. The twist and rip method is what works best in my opinion. I had a friend do my whole head with a mixture of tnr and backcombing and they started locking upimmediatelybut I did one dread near the front of my head myself using just the tnr method and it looks better than the rest. I'm so proud of it too. :)

River Darling said:

They're beautiful. I'm thinking of doing some t'n'r myself, as a gauge, how long did your "wiggles" take to settle down?

CoriElaine
@corielaine
12 years ago
173 posts

My God, you are gorgeous! :)

Liz Delamp
@liz-delamp
12 years ago
7 posts
Beautiful dreds! I love the beads and messy windy look
Kiara
@kiara
11 years ago
5 posts
I'm debating on dreading my hair. This definitely makes me want to do it. The fact that so many people are thankful and happy because of their dreads makes me wantto do it.
Hannah :)
@hannah
11 years ago
21 posts

this is awesome!

Kayla4
@kayla4
11 years ago
7 posts

My family reacted the same way with my dreadlocks. My dad even yelled at me because he said "he didn't like the path I was heading down" because of my dreads. And then everyone in my family assumed I was some pothead all of the sudden. It was awesome reading this, to know that there are other fellow dreadheads who have endured the same reactions. You're beautiful!

updated by @kayla4: 07/23/15 12:15:08AM

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form