Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread beads questions

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

What exactly do dread beads do for your dreads besides decorate them? Anything?

Do you sleep with dread beads on or take them off?

Mine are made with Polymer Clay, can I shower with them in or should I take them off?

updated by @mamakittylove: 02/14/15 05:19:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mine stay in till they fall out and get lost

they hold sections togerher while alowing movement also since u push them on till they stick you push hairs up creating loops which create knots so it does speed up the process

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Oh great to know!! Thanks SE!!

Sarah12
@sarah12
12 years ago
2 posts

I have found that my hair seems to knot up faster in the sections that have a bead on, but also one or two of my beads have become "stuck" in the sense they can move around, but a big flat knot formed at the bottom of my hair section/baby dread, and now i am unable to remove it. Is this a problem? Should i break it or just let it be? was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

my beads stay in all the time! They do fall out sometimes so I just whack them back in.

all I will say is i don't recommend glass beads and I'm pretty sure SE has a similar story but I almost smashed my front teeth with one not to long back so i switched to wood. It takes a lil time to get used to sleeping on them. Momma ure dreads are looking awesome by the way and the beads are really nice too.

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Thank you (: I slept with a few in last night and I woke up and a few were under me lol. I guess they weren't snug enough :P

Nikki Whiskgirl Lindsey
@nikki-whiskgirl-lindsey
12 years ago
14 posts

i have week old dreads and have started adding beads, they are a great help in making them lay flatter and they definitely seem to be helping with the locking process. i rarely wear bodyjewellery but i have a feeling my dreads will end up with lots of beads/jewels, anything i can attach :)

Christopher Wayne Allen
@christopher-wayne-allen
12 years ago
16 posts

Look on etsy, they have a huuge selection! or you can buy clay and make some yourself, their is forums on here that teach you how. :)

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

I don't know why you would wanna rid your dreads of their personality but I have found that if you squeeze the bead over the lump or bump it eventually will find its way back into the dread. Almost working as a wrap. :)

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

If you want to remove it break it. I've had this issue with about 3 beads on 2 diff dreads and I had wood beads in so I jus cracked em open. Hope that helps!

Sarah said:

I have found that my hair seems to knot up faster in the sections that have a bead on, but also one or two of my beads have become "stuck" in the sense they can move around, but a big flat knot formed at the bottom of my hair section/baby dread, and now i am unable to remove it. Is this a problem? Should i break it or just let it be? was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form