Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

stretching ears, help for a nub plz =)

hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
i mean u could techincally do it however u want but if u stretch them to fast they will probably rip a little and ur ears will get pretty swollen and hot and u wont wanna touch them. once u rip them then u get scarring and its a little more difficult to stretch them afterwards. you still can b ut itll hurt alot more and be more prone to ripping in my opinion. What i do is i usually wait till the gauge i have in already is healed enough to move it around and it is easily removed( but i usually have flared ones) this way u know its healed enough, but a week, i wouldnt do it that soon. i would prolly wait atleast a month. and dont forget to use ome pretroluem jelly or something so u dont get a blow out cuz those never look good. btw my ears are like 5/8 now. i think im never good at keeping track of them. i cant wait till i can get another pair bigger
updated by @hippie-mama: 07/23/15 03:23:29AM
Mechanical Butterfly
@mechanical-butterfly
15 years ago
24 posts
Blonde Dready said:
i have a lil infection in my ears.

STOP the presses, Bro. Like, totally whoa. I know this is my first official post, but it's an important one.. a seriously important one. If your ear is infected even a little, you need to get that taken care of before you start trying to gauge. Putting new jewelry in an taking out the old, fiddling with the flesh, and irritating the area is a -bad- idea, and I know this from first-hand experience, when I got my vertical lebret.Did your piercer know when you consulted with (him/her/it/they) that your ear was infected? If so, how did they tell you to deal with it?As several of our esteemed colleagues have warned, if you're not careful, you can rip your skin. While this would give you the effect of having a bigger hole, it can also lead to a seriously worse infection... You body only has so many resources and trying to heal your flesh while at the same time fighting off an infection is very taxing on you. Just be careful, guy, and remember that your health is much higher on the list of "Important Things" than fashion.Be well,Trevor.
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
haha dont worry bro, im waiting till the infection is completely gone for my next stretch. My piercer was my 16 year old friend, she is very gud at piercing. I got my ears pierced to a 20 first then the infection came about from bad earings, so i switched and stretched to 16 gauge earrings, then i visited a professional for advice an he just told me to keep it clean. Its basically is gone, that H20cean stuff kicks ass. Mechanical Butterfly said:
Blonde Dready said:
i have a lil infection in my ears.
STOP the presses, Bro. Like, totally whoa. I know this is my first official post, but it's an important one.. a seriously important one. If your ear is infected even a little, you need to get that taken care of before you start trying to gauge. Putting new jewelry in an taking out the old, fiddling with the flesh, and irritating the area is a -bad- idea, and I know this from first-hand experience, when I got my vertical lebret.Did your piercer know when you consulted with (him/her/it/they) that your ear was infected? If so, how did they tell you to deal with it?As several of our esteemed colleagues have warned, if you're not careful, you can rip your skin. While this would give you the effect of having a bigger hole, it can also lead to a seriously worse infection... You body only has so many resources and trying to heal your flesh while at the same time fighting off an infection is very taxing on you. Just be careful, guy, and remember that your health is much higher on the list of "Important Things" than fashion.Be well,Trevor.
Tanner Bonsie
@tanner-bonsie
15 years ago
20 posts
well i have gauged my ears a few times. i am currently at 3/4s you chould go straight to 10 just put alot of neosporin or any anti bacteria stuff and i'd say go slow so you don't rip them. and try not skip to many sizes lol. and good luck
Karma Jane
@karma-jane
15 years ago
39 posts
i would just get some wooden tapers and start very small.. gauging takes time.. it should never bleed or rip.. it should be a very gradual process.. my ears are at 00's now and I just used spiral tapers the whole time.. have some patience and take your time!!.. dont jump up too fast!! you will regret it later..
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Werd. Karma Jane said:
i would just get some wooden tapers and start very small.. gauging takes time.. it should never bleed or rip.. it should be a very gradual process.. my ears are at 00's now and I just used spiral tapers the whole time.. have some patience and take your time!!.. dont jump up too fast!! you will regret it later..
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
i cant afford tapers, but i have heard gud things about using medical tape to wrap ur earrings and slowly stretch by adding new layers every couple days. Im only gonna start usin tapers whn i reach 10gauge. Karma Jane said:
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
a friend of mine did that, but she used electrical tape. It works, but patience are definitely a virtue. when I did mine I was young and didnt research at all, I just ripped em. And holy it looked like a horror movie at the time. I'm really lucky I didnt cause some serious damage. Blonde Dready said:
i cant afford tapers, but i have heard gud things about using medical tape to wrap ur earrings and slowly stretch by adding new layers every couple days. Im only gonna start usin tapers whn i reach 10gauge.

Karma Jane said:
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
I had had mine pierced for years before I gauged but i recommend letting them heal fully before you stretch any further.... I used to pierce professionally.***Once you get rid of any infection honestly it's healed enough so you can leave them out for a few hours and still get them in no problem then you can gauge up. THis usually takes 8-12 weeks! The point of gauging is to stretch. If you are stretching before you are fully healed then you are just tearing a weakened layer of skin and will cause yourself all sorts of issues down the road. I know it tends to "hurt less" when you do it earlier but you are not stretching anything just tearing it. Going up smaller sizes gradually is fine ie. the tape. Once you get to the bigger sizes my #1 recommendation is get urself earrings that spiral... they usually taper nicely and stay in much better then the straight tapers cuz of the curve! It's how I gauged mine to 0's and I have had no problems. I haven't gone any bigger yet cuz I really like the earrings I have and haven't found bigger ones I really love yet!***If you are using metal or plastic gauges then be sure to clean them and ur ears daily. You will get a nasty smelling gooey buildup that if left alone will get crusty when exposed to air and cause infection if the skin around it gets too dry and cracks. If you are using wood or bone they stay nice and dry but it doesn't hurt to clean them like once a month just to keep them clean. I recommend using peroxide ( the brown bottle) over rubbing alcohol. Alcohol dries ur skin out and will cause an infection.Any questions feel free to ask :DHappy Gauging!
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
Im gonna leavve the 16's in for a couple more days, then ima strat takin them out an cleanin the earrins themselves, then ima strat adding layers of tape every few days, is this a gud idea? Izzy-licious said:
I had had mine pierced for years before I gauged but i recommend letting them heal fully before you stretch any further.... I used to pierce professionally.

***Once you get rid of any infection honestly it's healed enough so you can leave them out for a few hours and still get them in no problem then you can gauge up. THis usually takes 8-12 weeks! The point of gauging is to stretch. If you are stretching before you are fully healed then you are just tearing a weakened layer of skin and will cause yourself all sorts of issues down the road. I know it tends to "hurt less" when you do it earlier but you are not stretching anything just tearing it. Going up smaller sizes gradually is fine ie. the tape. Once you get to the bigger sizes my #1 recommendation is get urself earrings that spiral... they usually taper nicely and stay in much better then the straight tapers cuz of the curve! It's how I gauged mine to 0's and I have had no problems. I haven't gone any bigger yet cuz I really like the earrings I have and haven't found bigger ones I really love yet!

***If you are using metal or plastic gauges then be sure to clean them and ur ears daily. You will get a nasty smelling gooey buildup that if left alone will get crusty when exposed to air and cause infection if the skin around it gets too dry and cracks. If you are using wood or bone they stay nice and dry but it doesn't hurt to clean them like once a month just to keep them clean. I recommend using peroxide ( the brown bottle) over rubbing alcohol. Alcohol dries ur skin out and will cause an infection.

Any questions feel free to ask :D

Happy Gauging!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form