Dreadlocks Forums

Naturally occurring dreadlocks a concept difficult to grasp

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ha yea much easier to imagine men are made of clay

and women are made of a mans rib

that makes so muchmore logical sence then the fossil evidence of 1 species evolving from another

i guess thats why ppl thing dreads are made in a day from wax (clay) and bone (hooks)

i never thought dreading naturaly versus crochet related to creationism vs evolution

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:01:40PM
Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

Well yeah for some species (not all) depending on a lot of factors but that's an all other debate and topic...back to the topic yes I agree that people don't put 2 and 2 together like so many other tings (like evolution :) ) it's aboutknowledgeandintellectualhonesty.

Baba Fats said:

Many people see the process, but they never put 2 and 2 together that the nappy hair you saw on someone was going to end up as locks.

And evolution has been proven to happen pretty quickly. By that I mean that it just pops up. There's little to noin between process. It's been a puzzle for evolutionary biologists for decades

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Neither did I. It is a great analogy.

soaring eagle said:

that makes so muchmore logical sence then the fossil evidence of 1 species evolving from another

i guess thats why ppl thing dreads are made in a day from wax (clay) and bone (hooks)

i never thought dreading naturaly versus crochet related to creationism vs evolution

Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

Thank you.

Baba Fats said:

Neither did I. It is a great analogy.

soaring eagle said:

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

I am one of those ppl who are having a hard time grasping it but heres my two cents i was raised by a lady who did hair for a living and i always washed with salon grade shampoo and i think that shampoo made my hair so soft and slick that my hair never dreaded because i def never brushed my hair

but after washin my hair with baking soda i can see how leaving the hair alone makes it knot up over time

i think its just an education/experience lacking i didnt find dreadlock knowledge until i actively seeked it and ended up here

Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
12 years ago
79 posts

when people ask me "How does your hair get like that ?" i honestly say "Sleeping"

cuz it is true most knots form while sleeping(at least for me)

and if i feel like giving a straighter answer i say "Don't brush your hair." most people are amazed with this concept, just use Marley as an example, in an interview a reporter asked him how to get dreads and he said Just wash your hair, and leave it alone, don't brush it and you will have dreads.

Maximilian
@maximilian
12 years ago
62 posts

Thats very True S.E. , when they are young everybody and their sister tells you so much crap, from its impossible to racial stuff, but once you start getting nice solid dreades locks those same people are your biggest advocates usually. I always just smiled and said "slowly but surely they will form eventually" ..and they do just that.. slowly, but surely and its blatant. I go to a junior college, a highly diverse one in california, semi-clicky, I rarely get harsh are disparaging remarks, but there were lots of know-it-alls and critics. Now its more people absolutely mystified by its morphing exactly how I said they were. What pronounces it even more is how i see these people a few times a week or month, and some not for 1-2 months at a time due to breaks and schedules.. Its a very humbling and rewarding thing.

oostan heimach
@oostan-heimach
12 years ago
38 posts

flouride constricts mind expansion. they cant help it.

but the good thing is we dont need others to understand in order to manifest our reality.

Denney Coning
@denney-coning
12 years ago
16 posts

A black dude I work with told me once that white people can't have dreadlocks. He said they just have oily tangles. Right after he made this statement a black chick that was eaves dropping on the conversation said "Then how come this white guy right here has nicer dreadlocks than yours?" He hasn't spoken to me in 2 years.

Jdwood
@jdwood
12 years ago
275 posts

Just this week a friend of the family that I did not see in a while said to me " No you can not have dreads just by doing nothing, come on Jon what are you talking about?Jamaicans twist their hair to have dreadlocks." I replied "well maybe some but not all and it is notnecessary, just look at mine...see? All I do is washand see I have locks" He said " no no you need to twist them dreads do not just 'happen' " ...WTF? Seriously!Usuallystuff like this does not bother me but it was soooo much in acondescendingtone that it struck a nerve. I kept my cool and just walk away. Like I said some times facts just clash with peoples understanding of things that they refuse to accept reality even when it is in front of them.

Denney Coning said:

A black dude I work with told me once that white people can't have dreadlocks. He said they just have oily tangles. Right after he made this statement a black chick that was eaves dropping on the conversation said "Then how come this white guy right here has nicer dreadlocks than yours?" He hasn't spoken to me in 2 years.

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form