Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy and Scabby Scalp! Help!

deelocks89
@deelocks89
14 years ago
4 posts
I've been reading up on the forum and trying to find advice about having an itchy scalp and in the first stages of locking. I haven't washed my hair since I've started the process of locking my hair (3 1/2 weeks ago) and I've been going crazy scratching since the 2nd day! I've been using peppermint oil and other natural oils such as jojoba. Now I have dandruff and scabs :( !! I've had issues with my scalp previously when I had a relaxer in my hair. Then I stopped and had an afro for 2 years and washed my hair every 6 days. I had no problems! My loctician told me not to wash in between visits to the salon (every 4 weeks) but from reading other advice I should wash my hair (?)...I'm used to washing it every 6 days so should I continue my regular routine? I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!
updated by @deelocks89: 02/14/15 07:57:35PM
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
well yah continue u dont dirty hair bro i mean thats where dreads get their bad reps from, not washing and stinking bad, but i had dandruff and itchy scalp and todays my month but ever since ive been doing the baking soda and ACV rinse erythings been all good minimum dandruf and i wash every 3 to 4 days but i have caucasian hairso yah continue with ur washing
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
14 years ago
38 posts
The itchy scalp and scabs are from your hair dreading, each little hair getting irked and pulled here and there. I have the same problem. Put a little tea tree oil on your scalp and it should clear up. It will return, because your hair is always going to be pulling. But when I use tea tree on my scratchy scabby scalp it goes away the next day. Instantly soothes. :]
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
OMG dirty scalp makes you itch like hell....go wash your self.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash your haitr fire yp0ur loctician there is no such thing as a loctician they are all a disaster what the hell did the loctician do to you you do realize dreads require nothing no work no cost no effort no productrs just washing and loveu were ripped off so what exactly did they do yo ypu? wash wash wash..geez i hate ignoranmt locticians

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
SE you should have a copy of this somewhere that you can just copy and paste this over and over lol. soaringeagle said:
wash your haitr fire yp0ur loctician there is no such thing as a loctician they are all a disaster what the hell did the loctician do to you you do realize dreads require nothing no work no cost no effort no productrs just washing and love
u were ripped off so what exactly did they do yo ypu? wash wash wash..geez i hate ignoranmt locticians
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
dreading your hair doesn't cause scabs, the washing process or lack of would be what causes it. Scabs themselves would be from scratching the itches. Earth Rose said:
The itchy scalp and scabs are from your hair dreading, each little hair getting irked and pulled here and there. I have the same problem. Put a little tea tree oil on your scalp and it should clear up. It will return, because your hair is always going to be pulling. But when I use tea tree on my scratchy scabby scalp it goes away the next day. Instantly soothes. :]
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
omg wash your head! man i hate people saying they a loctician and telling folks not to wash their hair its no darn wonder your itchin im itchin just thinkin bout it wash it once a week like u were and nature will do the rest!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
her "loctician" interlocked very tightly (mistake 1 and biggest mistake)twisted very tightly then gooped it up with gelthem baked the gel under a dryer till it became hardthen said dont wash for a month and use alcahol based estringent to clean the scalpevery single thing a mistake made for a blooody itchy scalp weak hard dreadsand ..instructed her to not wash till she comes back for more mistakes in a month...dont u dare wash unless u pay me tio wash..geez

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
oh dear lord seriously? my goodness no wonder its been itchy since day 2!! soaringeagle said:
her "loctician" interlocked very tightly (mistake 1 and biggest mistake)
twisted very tightly then gooped it up with gel
them baked the gel under a dryer till it became hard
then said dont wash for a month and use alcahol based estringent to clean the scalp

every single thing a mistake made for a blooody itchy scalp weak hard dreads
and ..instructed her to not wash till she comes back for more mistakes in a month...dont u dare wash unless u pay me tio wash..geez
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form