Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy and Scabby Scalp! Help!

deelocks89
@deelocks89
14 years ago
4 posts
You have no idea how comforting all of your advice is! Thanks so much for responding!
updated by @deelocks89: 07/18/15 02:55:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash your hair read the ripping/popping/seperating guide over there---->and thats all u need to care for your dreadsjust go easy on em so they dont breaku said your bro (i think it was) used the same methods and his brokethat shoulda told u somethingthe healthiest strongest dreads are natural dreads interlocked or felted are weakest anything that uses tools or agressive methods to force dreading weakens them and shortens theyre life expectencys

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
ohh your poor scalp!! You should NEVER go back to that "loctician" again!
Mary
@mary
14 years ago
140 posts
Because of this I am going to heed the advice of my loctician. I think you should leave your hair alone until the next visit. The people on here mean well but if you follow too much advice you can get into a mess. Have you considered using shea butter in your scalp? I used to use it when I had an afro. I would add some essential oils like peppermint and sage and boy did my hair grow!
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
loli find this very funny..... first off a month with no wash tell you next visit, is not good and kinda gross, you heed the advice from your loctician, who dont know much, to give such bad advice i know she don't know much......... looks like thats the advice you shouldnt be taking, cause You will be in a mess....... and start to trust the site a little more.... idk to me it seems like when some of the noobs who got a idea of what dreads are, seem to get very defensive when they are told the method they are doing is bad and what not..... instead of being grateful for the good info, we only want whats best for you and your dreads, dont be so closed minded when it comes to info.............. MJ said:
Because of this I am going to heed the advice of my loctician. I think you should leave your hair alone until the next visit. The people on here mean well but if you follow too much advice you can get into a mess. Have you considered using shea butter in your scalp? I used to use it when I had an afro. I would add some essential oils like peppermint and sage and boy did my hair grow!
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
"The people on here mean well but if you follow too much advice you can get into a mess."Any particular reason for saying that or just being defensive as neil bro pointed out? lol
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
I use the Africa's best herbal oil from walmart its like 2 bucks and works great on keeping my scalp healthy just use a small dab on your fingertip and rub it into your scalp .. washing is ok you gotta get the old shit out of your hair just do it like once a month or so its necessary but the longer in between in the early process is better from what i understand
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
coconut oil!run it on the scalp were it itches
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
and wash more often like whenever it itches too bad JahWillProvide said:
coconut oil!
run it on the scalp were it itches
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
so she should heed the advice of the "loctician" until what? Her scalp is completely raw or hair falls out?deelocks it's your choice what you ultimately decide but it seems as though you did try to listen to your loctician and it didn't work out so well.I love when people that have had "dreads" for all of 3 days come on here and think they know enough to tell everybody with actual locks they're wrong. I hope you scalp is already on the way to recovery deelocks and please keep us updated so we know how you're doing. Many Blessings MJ said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form