Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads comming loose and hair falling out

ryan luevanos
@ryan-luevanos
14 years ago
5 posts
i have had dread for about three weeks now. i used the twist and rip method,i think thats wut its called, at first they were locked nice and tight but a couple of days ago they looked like they were commin loose and iv also noticed that there are white things close to my scalp so i went to take one out and it was connected to a loose hair. i dont know wha it is but im kinda worried that my hair is comming out fromthe roots. i just want to know if both these things are normal and what i can do bout both of them. thank you.
updated by @ryan-luevanos: 02/14/15 07:15:56AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Hey, its normal for the t&r's to unravel, some come completely undone (them section and form themselves anyway) and since your hair is in a dread the hairs that naturally shed everyday get caught in it.Relax, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 they loosen up before they tighten up thats normal2 u must have t&r'ed way too aggressively too tight and pulled a few hairs out at the rootsdont worry many backcombers pull out hundredswhat to dowaittheyre dreadingread the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading thread in featured threads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ryan luevanos
@ryan-luevanos
14 years ago
5 posts
aight thanx alot guys
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
I also t&r'ed and I have the exact same things going on. But like the others said..it's all normal and I just try not to worry about it. I have all kinds of loose hairs and if they are really terrible looking I just throw a bead on that dread for a couple of weeks and it usually does the trick.
Amy McDonald
@amy-mcdonald
14 years ago
11 posts

Alicia said:
I also t&r'ed and I have the exact same things going on. But like the others said..it's all normal and I just try not to worry about it. I have all kinds of loose hairs and if they are really terrible looking I just throw a bead on that dread for a couple of weeks and it usually does the trick.
I'm sorry - I'm still clueless, and trying to learn before I dread... what does the bead do for the dread? Provide strength? cuteness?I'm apprehensive about my hair falling out - I had braids a few years ago, and the literally fell out. Yikes!
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
i get white things that are connected to hairs, a lot of times is a skin cell that the hair was in the middle of, and the skin cell broke loose and is skewered onto the hair.. from your description thats what it reminds me of, but if its actually a part of the bottom of the hair, that would be a root
ryan luevanos
@ryan-luevanos
14 years ago
5 posts

im still kinda worried cause the wite specs or the rootwont go away nd like myscalp is getting sore idk if its jst me but i dont want to be goin bald..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

well twist and rip shouldnt be "locked nice and tight" in just weeks

so you must havere done it extremely tightly which u shouldnt do and to do that u pulled some hairs out at the roots thats what u got there is hairs u pulled out while tryijg to get them way tighter then u shoulda

so now theyre loosening up thats good that will let them dread so leave em alone give em time they will dread just fine

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

oh didnt realize this was old haha umm

the white specks are attached so wont go away but will mostltyy disapear into dreads eventualy

the scalp being sore tiho how tight were they

can u get a finger under the roots?

what conditions the scalp in

if the scalps real sore try lil light conditioning only on the roots and try to loosen em up some maybe

u musta gone crazy on getting em tight like ocd crazy

lets see pics close ups

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form