Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

You would not believe what just happened to me...

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
OREGON!! :o) or maybe out of the states completely like some yet undiscovered tropical island with mangoes, bananas and coconuts... Gary Charlesworth said:
That sounds like the best idea ever... where shall it be though?

NaturalWomyn said:
You hit the nail on the head Knotty! It sux but it becomes more and more of an illusion that there is anything we can do about it, besides maybe move off the grid somewhere and start a commune ;o)

Knottysleeves said:
That's why I rarely go to the US now. The border crossing officers are just as power-hungry. Thanks to my dreads, facial piercing, and sometimes grubby clothes (hey, I like to be comfortable when I travel) I am always given the third degree by the customs people and looked at suspiciously.

I love being taken aside for questioning or "random" searches while suburban parents in huge SUV's are waved through without any questions -- and they've probably just smuggled $5K worth of cross-border shopping loot over the border and not claimed them for taxes & import duty!

My tax dollars at work. *sighs*

NaturalWomyn said:
This shit happens everyday, everywhere. Cops can do w/e they want and get away with it. We have the patriot act in the US and it gives them pretty much the right to do it all and get away with it and just say"well I thought he was a terrorist" It's happened to me many times. Actually just a few weeks ago we got pulled over for having "in transit" plates on a van we just purchased on Long Island, which were totally legit for another 3 weeks. The cop went through all our paper work and knew we weren't doing anything wrong and then said "look guys, I can smell something coming from the van you need to tell me now before I find it myself" He was DEAD wrong anyway and by our reaction,he knew it and let us go. We were lucky though.

updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/03/15 04:52:54AM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
ure from the uk, so am dude. Where abouts u from?and that is bullshit btw Gary Charlesworth said:
Unfortunatly in the UK we have the terrorism act which basicly gives the police almost unlimited power. This goes to their head VERY quickly. If I was to pursue leagal action, the courts will almost certainly rule in the polices favour. All thanks to George Bush setting up 9/11. Besides leagal action would only go to court if he was violent toward me. Luckily everyone just laughs in their face. The people are starting to fight back... POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
www.therainbowhostel.com costa rica or belize gets my vote NaturalWomyn said:
OREGON!! :o) or maybe out of the states completely like some yet undiscovered tropical island with mangoes, bananas and coconuts...

Gary Charlesworth said:

NaturalWomyn said:
You hit the nail on the head Knotty! It sux but it becomes more and more of an illusion that there is anything we can do about it, besides maybe move off the grid somewhere and start a commune ;o)

Knottysleeves said:
That's why I rarely go to the US now. The border crossing officers are just as power-hungry. Thanks to my dreads, facial piercing, and sometimes grubby clothes (hey, I like to be comfortable when I travel) I am always given the third degree by the customs people and looked at suspiciously.

I love being taken aside for questioning or "random" searches while suburban parents in huge SUV's are waved through without any questions -- and they've probably just smuggled $5K worth of cross-border shopping loot over the border and not claimed them for taxes & import duty!

NaturalWomyn said:
This shit happens everyday, everywhere. Cops can do w/e they want and get away with it. We have the patriot act in the US and it gives them pretty much the right to do it all and get away with it and just say"well I thought he was a terrorist" It's happened to me many times. Actually just a few weeks ago we got pulled over for having "in transit" plates on a van we just purchased on Long Island, which were totally legit for another 3 weeks. The cop went through all our paper work and knew we weren't doing anything wrong and then said "look guys, I can smell something coming from the van you need to tell me now before I find it myself" He was DEAD wrong anyway and by our reaction,he knew it and let us go. We were lucky though.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
name a time & place I am soo there SE!!
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Come to Quebec Canada the cops need a warrant to search you, your car, bags pack sacks. They even need a warrant to even follow you or start surveillance. Many cases where won in Quebec. A guy I knew had a big bag of weed in is car, he was showing it off in a parking lot (not very smart) a cop saw it from a distance and search the car . but when they went to court the cops could not use the evidence they did not have a warrant to search the car and the judge said that seeing a bag full of an "herb" does not qualify as reasonable cause or what ever it's called because it can be any thing in the bag and it is not a good reason to search a car with out a warrant. An other incident happen not so long ago a man was pulled over for some reason and the cops where not wearing their standard uniform ( camo pants) it was a union thing, the man said to the cop that he look like an fing clown so the cop gave him a other ticket the man went to court and won the judge said that the cop should expect that kind of reaction for not wearing the proper uniform. NaturalWomyn said:
OREGON!! :o) or maybe out of the states completely like some yet undiscovered tropical island with mangoes, bananas and coconuts...

Gary Charlesworth said:

NaturalWomyn said:

Knottysleeves said:

NaturalWomyn said:
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hubby and I have actually been thinking about moving to Canada for a while now, BC, maybe the prairies of Saskatchewan, just not sure if we can stand the cold! The laws that would effect us are much more lax there.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I have been considering moving to BC as well or at least somewhere in the NW US NaturalWomyn said:
Hubby and I have actually been thinking about moving to Canada for a while now, BC, maybe the prairies of Saskatchewan, just not sure if we can stand the cold! The laws that would effect us are much more lax there.
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
man that SUCKSI only got my dreads recently and just before leaving the country...i got a 'random' security check and two airports...and man...i dont even smoke cigarretes or drink!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
The north western US is amazingly Beautiful. Loads of rain but it's kinda nice you get used to it. We lived in Bellingham, WA for a while. Oregon is amazing and so is Nor. Cal. Jake Holland said:
I have been considering moving to BC as well or at least somewhere in the NW US

NaturalWomyn said:
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
Im in Peterborough, the arse end of the fens! Where r u from? Jack Roth said:
ure from the uk, so am dude. Where abouts u from?
and that is bullshit btw

Gary Charlesworth said:
Unfortunatly in the UK we have the terrorism act which basicly gives the police almost unlimited power. This goes to their head VERY quickly. If I was to pursue leagal action, the courts will almost certainly rule in the polices favour. All thanks to George Bush setting up 9/11. Besides leagal action would only go to court if he was violent toward me. Luckily everyone just laughs in their face. The people are starting to fight back... POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form