Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone..

locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Hmmm, I dunno SE lol...I guess we will see :) 

Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
Have you considered just installing double ended extensions? It just seems to me like the versatility of being able to change them out easily may be more suited to you, especially if you grow bored of your hair easily. If I wanted the dreadlock look without the commitment or waiting, that's definitely the route I would take. It's just a suggestion.😊
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

My hair is already dreadlocked, but I had thought of adding temporary extensions too (double or single). I think they might be too much hassle though. I'll look into it more. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a question about maintenance. She said to come for a session after 10 weeks. What should I be expecting at that appointment?

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

To put it really simply:

Don't go.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

K, I'll see. I'm only a month in, and I'm ok with how they are now. If things get too sloppy though, I will have to do something. I just wasn't sure if they just do more crocheting or what. I don't know what to expect. 

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
That's exactly what they do. It's unnecessary and only damages the hair more.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

a d the reco very from crochet maks it 10 times mor frizzy dont worry about what they do they will do crazy things before they are mature..let them

YOU DON'T GOT TO DO NOTHING

just let them be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

Panther:

@locdout I only know two people with dreadlocks. Both of them chose to have extensions attached to new dreadlocks. Both of them experienced extensions simply falling out/off within a couple of months, because young dreadlocks are not knotted enough to hold the extensions in. I don`t think it matters much to you to be natural or even ethical in your choice of hair decoration, but irrespective of how good or bad a hair salon may be - everything I have experienced or heard up until now indicates that very young dreadlocks do not and cannot hold extensions well. If I were you I would wait until my dreadlocks were a little more mature before trying to attach anything to them. All the best!

extremely true

people only get extensions  when they are young and short and too weak to even support them

they should be at least 8 months old to be well established enough to extend

by then they are nearly done shrinking and will start to grow again in just months

by then you waited 8 months experienced the shrinking. got through it all and now its just a lil bit longer and they will be extending themselves month after month year after year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Yeah, I wish I could just let my hair go all crazy and run barefoot through the woods, but....I just got a new job position, new boss, and a raise. I deal with the public in a medical setting, so I need to look neat and clean. However, I can just tidy my dreadlocks myself at home with a needle (not crotchet). I have read how to do that, and it sounds like it is not damaging. I'm not worried about roots etc, mostly just having a general, overall, tidy appearance for work. If I can control the strays, and gently tie these locks into a neat bun, I will be OK, and I think I can forget about the extensions. I'm beginning to just let that whole idea go. It sounds like more hassle than it is worth right now, you guys are right. It would cost lots 'n lots of money (she quoted me $1000 for synthetic, if I want human hair I have to buy that myself on top of it), and I can imagine it adds alot of stress to the dreadlocks when they aren't fully matured. That is a very good point you guys have made. Thanks for all the helpful advice. I am sticking around the forum, but I hope I won't have to bug you guys anymore. You've all been very patient with me, and I appreciate it.

Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
$1,000 dollars???? Fuck that!!! Like How much per hour is that?

And for a hair job that will probably not last longer than about 2 months.

Really good chance they will look weird after a while.

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form