Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone..

locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Of course. Why else would someone want them.....?

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Just seems crazy to me. You decide to do something natural with your hair with dreads but then want fake hair extensions. It's like 2 completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

My locks weren't created naturally. They were backcombed, tnR, crotched, with a touch of wax lol. I have been dyeing my hair for just under 30 years. I don't plan to use synthetic hair extensions like my loctician is pushing for. I want human hair. And yep...it's totally crazy...but that's who I am!!! :D I could turn around in a year or two and shave it all down and start rockin' a bright coloured mohawk (done that before, several times). My style is just a little different than yours or SE. I love your guy's locks and you have a wealth of knowledge that you willingly share, but I'm not a hippy, all natural, type of person, I just like to have fun with my hair. If something went wrong, and my locks screwed up..I'd just shave it bald (done that before too). I appreciate and respect what you are all doing spending years and years forming natural locks and they look amazing, but I will NEVER have the patience or the desire to go that route. I want dreadlocks, and I want them now. I may fall in love and keep them a very long time. I may tire of them and cut them out, I am not strongly attached to my hair :) so.....does anyone know anything about the site I posted above that supplies human hair extensions? deadlocks.com.au :) I don't want to get ripped off. It's pretty expensive.

updated by @locdout: 09/08/18 01:01:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

no we don't but

you will ffall in love you will never want to be without them and theres a high chance you will start them over naturally too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

dawns not so great to use the only reason t was ever used was in an attempt to rmove wax buildup

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

as for extensions 85% are chopped off in 3 weeks to 3 monts you feel no connection to them they feel like dead weight

theres also an evil side to the industry

in some countries people with natural dreads are being mugged..knocked out with bricks  waking up with fractured skulls (if they survive) and shaved heads

the natural dreads they grew for 10 years being sold on the black market as dread extensions

mine was only 4 inches to start..in a year past my shouldrs 5 mid back and now 27 10 feet long
hir grows

dreads..after they shrink grow very quickly since you don't trim off 1/2 the gowth every couple months

you'll be amazed how fast and long they grow..so whats the point in adding someone elses hair when your own will grow and grow

--
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Where do you get those statistics from SE?  

I've worn other types of extensions in the past (just not locks), and I've worn wigs too. It's not a big deal to me at all. I don't give a crap about hair, so I have no special "connection" to it lol. That seems silly to me. I'm a chick. I put makeup on my face, paint my nails, wear perfume and deodorant, lots of chemicals and fake stuff. There is NOTHING spiritual in this whole lock process to me. It's just for fun.

"What's the point in adding someone else's hair instead of growing my own?" Because I can :) the options are there. I just wanted to know if the website I'm considering is legit and good quality. I'm not into getting ripped off. 

I totally "get" and understand what you're saying and how that works for YOU, but I am different. I have zero interest in having natural dreads that are a gazillion feet long and take the patience of a saint. To each his own right? :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

thats now

dreads change you very quickly as you will find.. how you feel about hair today will be very different from how you will feel about hair in 6 months orr a year

the statistics come from running this site and several facebook groups

on this site only 2 who got extensions was happy with the choice and kept them... yes only 2

on the facebook groups between all of them i can think of 4-6 and thats over a many many year period

there is always that 1 rare 1 who liked them and thought it was a good decision.. but its extremely rare

85% maybe a guess  an educated guess  for a worldwide whole based off a 99.999756% (close enough estimate) sampling from a couple hundred thousand

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@soaring-eagle - love love love your response to this!!

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@locdout I only know two people with dreadlocks. Both of them chose to have extensions attached to new dreadlocks. Both of them experienced extensions simply falling out/off within a couple of months, because young dreadlocks are not knotted enough to hold the extensions in. I don`t think it matters much to you to be natural or even ethical in your choice of hair decoration, but irrespective of how good or bad a hair salon may be - everything I have experienced or heard up until now indicates that very young dreadlocks do not and cannot hold extensions well. If I were you I would wait until my dreadlocks were a little more mature before trying to attach anything to them. All the best!

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form