Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone..

locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

That is Canadian funds. I'm not really sure how much per hour that is. It's the time to create 40 extensions and then install them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

you already spent more then you should have on dreading.

by the way look in featured discussions for 1 called oh never mind i was just being lazy

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/forum/dreads-jobs-employment-issues/110594/dreadlocks-and-employement-laws-your-rights-to-wear-dreads-in-the-workplace-explained

by the law of the land the constitution and the employee rights act they cannot make yu keep them tidy if they mean something to you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

install

they are dreadlocks.. why is the word install ever used for dreads?

you install a new stove or new windows or a suped up sound system you install cable tv electrical wiring , plumbing

its hair it grows .. it dreads  it doesnt need to be installed it just happens

everytime i hear the term dread installation i cringe

--
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

I'm in Canada...and here, they can absolutely "let you go" due to appearance. I have been "let go" before for having 4 piercings in each ear (and they were down on my lobe). I received 2 weeks severance pay when I submitted a complaint, and that was that...

"Dress codes and appearance standards are at the discretion of the employer. If the policy infringes upon the rights of a protected group – females, males, religious belief, disability, etc. – then there may be a breach of human rights law."

Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
Dreads can be religious. So dreads can be protected.

I know what you mean though. Just because the law says equal opportunity blah blah blah and they go through the motions of interviewing several people for a job, doesn't prevent them from already having the peraon they want to hire already picked out. Or they fire/lay you off for some other bullshit reason. Like when I got layed off they just said the reason was they had to for business reasons to save money. Which was total bullshit cuz the company I worked for literally made about $1,000,000 USD per month profit!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

then there may be a breach of human rights laws

you only have the rights yu don't give up willingly.

yes massa i get my hair all tidy for ya  yes sir i do  your giving up your right without  even stating that you have that right.

i had gotten every job i ever applied for..but i only applied for jobs i really wanted (i prefer to volunteer)

last job i had clients like the former head of homeland security the ceo of the red cross  the ceos of most of the local credit unions  local congressmen etc etc 1st day on the job i let my dreads spill out onto the floor just as the president of the company walks by and just says "wow" we also worked closely with the local pbs station so i was in the studio semi often as well

like pbs we would use promotional materials like tote bags callanders mugs etc. when it was time to take the photos for that  they had me front and center and above the rest  in probably the vissualy most promminent posiion so e and my dreads were from then on part of the corporate image.

if your  bos would dare fire you over a loose hair why the hell would you ver want to work for that boss?

there are jobs out thare that cherish diversity and individuality ..and freedom and would never exoect you to give up your rights without a fight

--

/ 8
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form