Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread perm disaster salon dreads

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
This makes me so sad. keep us updated I would like to know what the hair dressser tells you. You hair probably will take a lil while to grow but if they are already falling out anyway the sooner you cut the sooner your hair will be long enough to start again, the right way. What do you mean "a shave for kids"?? Some sort of charity? Best of luck.
updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/09/15 07:34:09PM
magic fairy
@magic-fairy
13 years ago
8 posts

YEs a shave for kids

is to raise money for kids with cancer

I think we do it twice a year here in Aus

Thanks... will keep you updated.. I dont think Im will to let go yet

But will see how the next few months pan out ! x

NaturalWomyn said:

keep us updated I would like to know what the hair dressser tells you. You hair probably will take a lil while to grow but if they are already falling out anyway the sooner you cut the sooner your hair will be long enough to start again, the right way. What do you mean "a shave for kids"?? Some sort of charity? Best of luck.
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

mate sorry to see whats happened, looks like you would have had a wild set of dreads if they hadnt f***ed you.

If you get no-where legally and go with the shave(on ya) tape it on their bloody doorstep, local t.v will love the story.

You may need to sacrifice the bottom sections of some of those thinning dreads to help take the strain off the roots.

I'd definietly get on to Panterra for some tech advice.

I cant speak for sydney but in adelaide all the "locticians" use product or tool and cost 3 to 6 hundred dollars when i first enquired a couple of years ago.

And to ask the majority of the dreads ive had contact with over my life(not many) they ALL started with something weird none just stopped brushing so there is alot of mis-information about.

Funny thing is since my own dreads(1yr) i have had several (looong) naturally dreaded people chat to me(where were they before,lol) and now i know how easy it should have been,but hey live and learn.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well if u just leave em be and the permed dreads fall off new neglect dreads will appear in theyree place if a few survive u can just chop em once u got some real dreads going

if i was you..i would also make a youtube vid on the dangers of dread perms and locticians

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
magic fairy
@magic-fairy
13 years ago
8 posts

Yes that is a good idea...

I will make a short vid for u tube...

I wish I knew all of this before I went ahead and wish the solution was never put on there.. then i could have had beautiful dreads as my hair was pretty long also.. so sad!!

I will let them grow naturally now.. And hopefully hang in there to get a full head!~

I will be calling tomorrow to try and get my money back!

will let you all now how i go!

thanks again everyone!!

soaringeagle said:

well if u just leave em be and the permed dreads fall off new neglect dreads will appear in theyree place if a few survive u can just chop em once u got some real dreads going

if i was you..i would also make a youtube vid on the dangers of dread perms and locticians

Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
13 years ago
66 posts
I'm absolutely disgusted. For a 'professional' to do this to your hair, it's unreal. These people are being paid to help and guide you, yet leave you with broken, fried hair. I wish you all the best when you phone and hope that something can be done to help salvage some of your hair.I'm so sorry you had to go through all this
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Oh boy! First, let me say how sorry I am that this has happened . This is absolutely horrible and regardless of you not doing research, this is inexcuseable work by a "professional"! I have done hair for over 30 years and I can't imagine putting a client in this position. I have quickly read through the comments and this is what I have to say...Taye is on it as usual (love ya girl!). No extensions, no color or bleach, no backcombing...at this point your hair is exhausted and this is how hair responds to exhaustion (total collapse). I would never have done a perm of ANY kind on hair this highly bleached, or backcombing eithier. You need to understand that hair looks kind of like a brick wall under a microscope. When you change your hair color with dye, you move the brick into another pattern...but, when you bleach, you remove bricks all together! So, even if you are very careful you are inflicting structural damage. It is kind of like having a roof with alot of holes in it and you climb up and start stomping around by now backcombing and using more chemicals...so, the roof just falls in. At this point, you need serious help and I am sorry to say that it will take awhile to get back to normal. You not only need moisture but a Keratin protein strengthener. Even with intervention, you will probably keep losing hair. I reccommend cutting the hair. The added weight of the dreads alone will continue to stress the hair. But, before you do any cutting...take lots of photos. Because if you plan on holding this dreadful salon responsible, you need to realize a few things. By the time your case makes it to court your hair has already changed. As serious as this damage is the courts view it as something not permanent. You would also have to prove negligence in that she did not follow manufactures directions for the perm solution and that she acted in a willfully reckless manor. (I studied to be a CSI after I retired from the salon and took 10 law courses). I am not saying to let anyone get away with this but I am saying that sueing would be harder than you think. I would demand a refund and free cutting of your hair by the owner or manager or head stylist. If you would like to PM me I would be happy to direct you further and suggest some products that will definitely make a big difference. But, bear in mind...at this point organic, non-chemicals are not going to turn this situation around, we need to wheel out the big guns! Blessings sweetheart <#
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

were all giving u a great big group hug

thnx fir helping panterra

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
This breaks my heart SE! How people can do this to other people is beyond me. What happened to ethics and honesty? All this in the name of making money on a unsuspecting person who just wanted dreads. My god, this situation is disgusting. I feel sick to my stomach for this poor girl and I wish I could do more.

soaringeagle said:

were all giving u a great big group hug

thnx fir helping panterra

magic fairy
@magic-fairy
13 years ago
8 posts

So my asking for a refund today didnt go so Good.

And refunds is not how the lady works. That it was not her fault she has done many dreads before, even on bleached hair and never had a problem. She wants me to come in and see what she can do to fix it.

But I dont want this, I dont really want to do anything to it, only shave it and start over so it can be healthy,

I dont really want braids or hair extensions..

Im going to have to look into what I can do.

I dont have the balls to go in there and see her, I know I am weak and will not win this fight.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form