Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

You are not blacker than me!!!! black on black dread disrespect

makena
@makena
11 years ago
9 posts
Saloon dreads, basically after washing the hair they comb it out and use thecomb to section hair and then twist the sections with the comb. They also add a gel for styling Dreadz and some sort of hairspray. Its basically dread rape lol. But it works in African hair. Of course u HV 2 goback for retwist to deal with new growth.
updated by @makena: 07/23/15 06:43:46PM
makena
@makena
11 years ago
9 posts
Now that am done with meeting the in laws I will just go back to ma was hi g routine and leaving the hair do its own thing.
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

I can somehow relate to you too :) I think most of the people in this community does. Our journey will never be that easy. I appreciate your reason why you have dreadlocks, cause your reason and my reason are somewhat alike. Don't worry too much about those people who tries to tell you off, one day they'll realize the significance and the greatness of going natural and all of them will be like "DAMN! Your dreads look awesome!" ;) Peace and Happy Dreading.

Charles Turner
@charles-turner
11 years ago
5 posts

I tend to get criticism from black people for 'stealing' their hairstyle, I think is what they feel. White people just seem confused and interested as to how dreads form.

Podo
@podo
11 years ago
25 posts
If they hate, then let em hate and watch the money pile up. I'm a mixed guy to (black & white as well) just stay strong and let the haters fall to the waist side, much love, Podo
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

I seen this black dude the other day in Kmart who had dreads. I didn't like his dreads cause they had no character! All the same thickness and stuff! He just kinda looked at me and my hair and just shook his head like white boy you shouldn't even attempt dreads! Just kinda sarcastically shook his head and I kinda thought that that was what he was thinking all because of the way he shook his head.

The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
I am surrounded by hicks where I live and I work in a primarily black area. It seems that neither of them like when white chicks go dreadie around here.But, eff them. Who WOULDN'T want dreads like Bob???You are gorgeous in your natural baby dreads, Spencer. Enjoy your journey.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

Ignore all the ignorant remarks for a year or two and then all of sudden just about everyone will be saying "Hey man, nice dreads." or they will be asking you who did them for you and what did you do/use to make them look so nice.

My dreadlocks are fairly thin and from a distance people think I have thick chunky hair until they see my hair closer. Then they are like, "Damn he has nice dreadlocks."

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

When my dreadlocks where less mature than they are now, I have seen people shake their heads because they thought my dreadlocks were better than theirs.

Doogie said:

I seen this black dude the other day in Kmart who had dreads. I didn't like his dreads cause they had no character! All the same thickness and stuff! He just kinda looked at me and my hair and just shook his head like white boy you shouldn't even attempt dreads! Just kinda sarcastically shook his head and I kinda thought that that was what he was thinking all because of the way he shook his head.

updated by @goldeneagle: 07/28/15 08:34:17PM
Megan Elyse
@megan-elyse
11 years ago
20 posts
I am only a week into my journey. I used the TnR method thinking it would be a little neater for my work. I haven't gotten a lot of negative comments or looks from strangers yet. My grandfather actually told me I look like 'the N word'. It really pissed me off but I just let it roll off my shoulders. I try to think 'I'm doing this for myself and I won't let them get to me'. It is very frustrating to be the bigger person though.Good luck on your journey!!

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form