Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What's the weirdest question you've been asked towards your dreads?

Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
"Why don't you use (insert weird material here, for example: rubber cement)?""Are those hair extensions?""Is that made out of real hair?"And it's not really a question, but a comment... "Looks like you have gorilla hair"
updated by @antony: 07/23/15 03:23:13AM
Alysha
@alysha
15 years ago
10 posts
I have never had someone ask to taste my dreads, that's too funny- whenever people ask How i wash them, I just say..with soap :)
Alysha
@alysha
15 years ago
10 posts
Ohhh but an Amish lady did tell me my hair was Gross one time! I was surprised!
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
if someone asked to taste my dreads unless they were really gross i think i would have let them. i just tasted one of mine and let me tell u they are delicious. u shud try one.
Courtney J
@courtney-j
15 years ago
100 posts
A couple of days ago I had this lady all kinds of confused when I tried to explain to her that my hair wasnt braided. She tried to argue with me for way to long about it. I also had a lady approach me recently and tell me that I wanted to get rid of them I could use a razorblade to remove some knots without losing length. I like when people ask questions but offering to cut a strangers hair in the food court at a mall or arguing about something you don't have a clue about, both are kinda rude.
Kitti Boucaud
@kitti-boucaud
15 years ago
2 posts
well it' not a question so much as a rediculous assumption..."that rasta's don't wash their hair. COME OOOON!!! Don't they think our hair would outright stink if we didn'e wash it. geeez!!
jacob miller
@jacob-miller
15 years ago
15 posts
About a month ago I was at the gas station pumpin gas and an older lady walked up tome and asked where I got my hat. I was wearing my tam and I told her that I made it myself which I did. She asked if she could feel it and I said "um... Ok" I didn't want to be rude. So she asks, "So do u have long hair under there?" I replied with,"I have dreadlocks." she immediately removed her hand from my head, made a disgusted look like I was some sort of an alien or something. Haha then she walked away without saying anything more. And she walked away really fast like I was chasin her. I could not stop laughin when I thought about it later. Anyways, it's more of a reaction than a question but I thought it was worth sharing.
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
Haha thats pretty wierd. jacob miller said:
About a month ago I was at the gas station pumpin gas and an older lady walked up to
me and asked where I got my hat. I was wearing my tam and I told her that I made it myself which I did. She asked if she could feel it and I said "um... Ok" I didn't want to be rude. So she asks, "So do u have long hair under there?" I replied with,"I have dreadlocks." she immediately removed her hand from my head, made a disgusted look like I was some sort of an alien or something. Haha then she walked away without saying anything more. And she walked away really fast like I was chasin her. I could not stop laughin when I thought about it later. Anyways, it's more of a reaction than a question but I thought it was worth sharing.
Callie-xoxox
@callie-xoxox
15 years ago
3 posts
my mom said that to me tooobut about peolpe at the mall they always use to talk to me about my tattoos like everyonee even really old peolpe and now only the cool peolpe ask me things about my tattoos or hair! Iain said:
Strangely enough I got asked for weed more when I had long curly hair, I mentioned that to my mom and she was like "that's cause no one wants to approach you now"
/facepalm
Jessica
@jessica
15 years ago
70 posts
Ok... I once had someone squeeze the bottom of one of my dreads and asked if i could feel it.
updated by @jessica: 07/23/15 03:56:33PM

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form