Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Play any instruments?

William
@william
15 years ago
15 posts
played the drums for a while - years back. play the jaw harp, djembe, and just bought a didg and am learning it now. I also have a native flute, and i can't play any songs on it... but i absolutely love it. I wish i could jam out on a flute like Jethro Tull... now that would be awesome! I'm thinking of buying an old vintage german harmonica next. If i had more money, i'm sure i would have a huge collection of weird instruments too.
updated by @william: 07/09/15 06:40:04AM
Marianas Trench
@marianas-trench
15 years ago
20 posts
I'm a drummer myself! Been playing on and off for 10 years, and I can read basic music for drums. ut that's it. I play a little guitar, but am not skilled. I listen mostly to hard music, though, rock, metal, hardcore kinda stuff, so my playing reflects that.
Marianas Trench
@marianas-trench
15 years ago
20 posts
BTW, any drummers here who have a favorite set of cymbals? I'm about to upgrade and I'm open to suggestions :)
phunkybrewster
@phunkybrewster
15 years ago
4 posts
It is wonderful to see so much love for music here!I've been playing the didgeridoo for about 11 years now. It is my main source of meditation, as it lifts me to a higher place through circular breathing...and ohh that beautiful buzzzzzzz.I also like to play on my clay dumbek when I travel and a beautiful ashiko I am blessed to own. It was made for me by my friends at Slap Happy drums long ago after I lost my two djembes in a fire. They gifted it to me after I had gotten to play with it in our drum circle. What a glorious surprise! The sweetest thing about the drum is that it has an imprint of my friend Jesse's hand from when he was holding the drum while finishing it. He calls it an "imperfection" in the piece, but to me, it is a secret smile.Growing up in Hawaii, I learned to play the ukulele; however, I am not the best at it...lol! Even so, it is the perfect travel companion.
MADI SIMMONS
@madi-simmons
15 years ago
2 posts
GREETINGS..I AM A DRUMMER PERCUSSIONIST..BEN ON THE DRUMS SINCE I WAS 16,I PLAY WITH BANDS BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.... Nathan Warren said:
I play drum set, I'm actually going to school for it at the Atlanta Institute of Music. I'm trying to be well rounded on the drums because i don't see myself as a drummer, I see myself as a musician, and what kind of musician would I be if I could only play one style? I also play some orchestral percussion (snare, bass, auxiliary perc.,) not so good with melodic instruments (xylophone, marimba, timpani) although i can play them i just have to wright in the letter notes on the music cause i cant read melodic music that well. I also like to play hand percussion/drums. the only thing i own though is a cajon.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
put some of your music up on your page :) MADI SIMMONS said:
GREETINGS..I AM A DRUMMER PERCUSSIONIST..BEN ON THE DRUMS SINCE I WAS 16,I PLAY WITH BANDS BUT NOT ALL THE TIME....

Nathan Warren said:
I play drum set, I'm actually going to school for it at the Atlanta Institute of Music. I'm trying to be well rounded on the drums because i don't see myself as a drummer, I see myself as a musician, and what kind of musician would I be if I could only play one style? I also play some orchestral percussion (snare, bass, auxiliary perc.,) not so good with melodic instruments (xylophone, marimba, timpani) although i can play them i just have to wright in the letter notes on the music cause i cant read melodic music that well. I also like to play hand percussion/drums. the only thing i own though is a cajon.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Funkle Z
@funkle-z
14 years ago
8 posts
Turntablist at Heart....but Im spinnin dubstep/reggae....and I can pretty much Play anything with buttons!! (Yes Turntable is an instrument!)
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
djembe, congas, bongos ... percussion cowbells wood blocks etc
D!
@d
14 years ago
44 posts
5 string banjo
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
i play everything i can get to hold in my hands... most not too good though.. ;)love music instruments...
updated by @mikey-mikez: 07/09/15 11:50:11AM

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form