Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Play any instruments?

chris bare
@chris-bare
15 years ago
3 posts
a friend of mine brought it back from india and he sold it to me and i find that its kinda hard to play....tuneing it is a little hard but it takes patience Rob Finch said:
Hi Chris. How do you find the Sitar,my friend has one that I'm thinking about buying.

chris thomas said:
i like to play the bass, acoustic and electric guitars, any hand drums or trap set i can get my hands on, love to sing songs that i write and have been teaching myself to play keyboards and a sitar i just got. i guess i like to play any instruments that are in front of me!

updated by @chris-bare: 07/23/15 03:39:33PM
Jake Cantrell
@jake-cantrell
15 years ago
5 posts
i'm through and through a percussionist. its what i study in college and what i do in my free time. from conga, djembe, or any hand drums to more orchestral instruments like marimba, xylophone, timpani, and also marching percussion. snare, bass, tenors, and cymbals. pretty much anything that falls into the percussion catagory(and some things that dont) i can play like theres no tomorrow.
Thomas
@thomas
15 years ago
26 posts
I play guitar and have for about 3 years.. I'm about entry level skill wise.. but the stuff I do know I believe I play well. I definately need to schedule more practice time
Thomas
@thomas
15 years ago
26 posts
believe me it does hurt at first but as the nerves receed and your hand muscle develop you'll see that wain and your fingers will be more nimble starthistle said:
I can play a little guitar. Though it tends to hurt my hands and fingers. I love to play hand drums. Although it isn't very fun by yourself. I used to play the viola but that was a long time ago.
Thomas
@thomas
15 years ago
26 posts
just a addendum.. That does not mean play through the pain.. if it hurts your fingers bad then stop and take a break to avoid damage to the muscles/ligiments in your hands
Karma Jane
@karma-jane
15 years ago
39 posts
I can sing and drum and play the gitter. I can hold a steady one drop on the drum kit, but I love hand drums like djimbes and binghi drums. I can't really finger pick the guitar but I can play chords and sing all my favorite songs!
Thomas
@thomas
15 years ago
26 posts
It seems to me I have a easier go finger picking rather than chord transitioning. (cursed barre chords) I attiubute it to my giant hands but it's likely due to lack of focus & motivation to mature as a player. Karma Jane said:
I can sing and drum and play the gitter. I can hold a steady one drop on the drum kit, but I love hand drums like djimbes and binghi drums. I can't really finger pick the guitar but I can play chords and sing all my favorite songs!
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I decided to spend alot of time learning finger picking before I get involved in chords. It seems to me that it will make my fingers and hands more coordinated and less clumsy so that when I start with chords it will be pretty easy. I like to start with the harder stuff.The problem is I have these small hands and thick fingers so finger placement is a tough one.However thick fingers actually make my flute playing a bit easier. Thomas said:
It seems to me I have a easier go finger picking rather than chord transitioning. (cursed barre chords) I attiubute it to my giant hands but it's likely due to lack of focus & motivation to mature as a player.

Karma Jane said:
Thomas
@thomas
15 years ago
26 posts
I wish my fingers were a littlew thicker myself. I have enough length(my middle finger is longer than a pack of cigarettes) but I dont have enough girth to barre right it seems.. But yeah finger picking is easy for me. I can play a mean dust in the wind lol Didjeridurian said:
I decided to spend alot of time learning finger picking before I get involved in chords. It seems to me that it will make my fingers and hands more coordinated and less clumsy so that when I start with chords it will be pretty easy. I like to start with the harder stuff.
The problem is I have these small hands and thick fingers so finger placement is a tough one.
However thick fingers actually make my flute playing a bit easier.

Thomas said:
It seems to me I have a easier go finger picking rather than chord transitioning. (cursed barre chords) I attiubute it to my giant hands but it's likely due to lack of focus & motivation to mature as a player.

Karma Jane said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
at the cali gasthering this beautiful japanese girl came up with a cora (google it) and starts signing reggae in a extremely sweet voice , robbie joined in on mandolin then along came an african bagpipe (yes there are african bagpipes) and a sitarnever heard reggae sound so interestingmy 1st gathering there was a music tent (and near it there was a massive earth drum, a pit dug out of the earth with a huge skin stretched across it) and a tree drum (a tall hollow tree with a hole near the roots, at the top it had broken off and someone set a perch to sit on up there and stretched a skin across it)in the music tent was dozens of instruments to play..including 2 harps..i was tripping hard so played the harp by jusrt plucking the strings that lit up (no idea how to play the harp i was kinda playing the halucinations) but it sure sounded angelicsorry ya inspired a random memory rant..lol Jessica Lauren said:
I play keyboards (all sorts, electric piano and organ, analog synths and stuff, have a collection of vintage keys and effects) and I also play blues harp (harmonica), and mess about with eccentric things too like autoharp (Google it, it's a fun instrument) and the mighty melodica (check it out, played by roots reggae great Augustus Pablo)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form