Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

have ya ever noticed how beautiful the ppl on this site are?

Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts
Why do you generally dislike humans?
updated by @charlotte: 07/18/15 02:27:20PM
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts

What makes money

Charlotte said:

What do you mean by "serves the capital"?

Jdwood said:
If we were all blind beauty would be very different. Sadly the standards of beauty in our society is very influence by what serves the capital.
Charlotte said:

In the UK at the moment there is a series of TV programs where they introduce a facially disfigured person to a beauty addict (those women that spend hours and HOURS in front of the mirror every morning and still aren't content...). I've been watching and I honestly find the "beautiful" people really ugly. I can appreciate that other people would find them attractive but personally I don't get it. All of the people that have a disfigurement seem so much more beautiful.

Mind you, I do find that it takes me a while to accustom myself to a different kind of face while watching. But even at the very beginning of the program while the novelty is still shocking, I still think I would prefer not to be the beauty obsessed person.

To me, that is conclusive prove that beauty is much more than the body you spend your time in and I think dreadlocks are something that a certain type of person really identifies with, a type which is usually open to experience and welcoming of new people. That is always cool ;)

Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

Ah I get you now! Yeah, definitely agree with you on that one. I think that I decided toalways try to make a conscious effort not to judge people because I didn't want to be associated with it.

Jdwood said:

What makes money

Charlotte said:

What do you mean by "serves the capital"?

Jdwood said:
If we were all blind beauty would be very different. Sadly the standards of beauty in our society is very influence by what serves the capital.
Charlotte said:

In the UK at the moment there is a series of TV programs where they introduce a facially disfigured person to a beauty addict (those women that spend hours and HOURS in front of the mirror every morning and still aren't content...). I've been watching and I honestly find the "beautiful" people really ugly. I can appreciate that other people would find them attractive but personally I don't get it. All of the people that have a disfigurement seem so much more beautiful.

Mind you, I do find that it takes me a while to accustom myself to a different kind of face while watching. But even at the very beginning of the program while the novelty is still shocking, I still think I would prefer not to be the beauty obsessed person.

To me, that is conclusive prove that beauty is much more than the body you spend your time in and I think dreadlocks are something that a certain type of person really identifies with, a type which is usually open to experience and welcoming of new people. That is always cool ;)

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
There are SO many reasons to generally dislike humans, observe any time they succumb to their innate nature :/

Charlotte said:
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts
To make a long story short through martial arts i started to study the humans instinctive side(body language,micro-expressions, profiling etc..) and it is very hard to trust someone when they say one thing but their body screams another.I have hardened(for the worse) over the years but am taking steps to soften towards people(yes i do have a family, g.f of 21 yrs and a 16 yr old daughter).
I am finding forums are a great way to approach like minded people without the distraction of physically interacting with them so iallow a measure of trust to build through verbal interaction.I am really quite approachable and a big kid at heart, im just not that into people in general, but i'm changing...

Charlotte said:

ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts
i myself think that people who are the most unique are the most attractive, it's how i've always been, and honestly it's probably the best way to be because beauty is skin deep, and if you are with someone because of their looks, then you will not be satisfied with who you are with, there needs to be a connection much much MUCH deeper than physical. I for one am quite unique. i have a condition called hirsutism and if you google it, you can be brought to the wiki page, so you can get a better idea, but basically i have hair in places that women are not known for having hair, and i feel mixed about it, one one hand, this is how i was made, and i should not feel weird about it, but on the other, i have had it ingrained in me that women are supposed to be smooth silky beings, i dont shave or anything, but yeah, i know though, a certain person who finds my condition to be amazing really, just thought to share haha.
Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

Wow I have so much to say to that but am really late... :( Ah!

To be continued... ;)

Dave said:

To make a long story short through martial arts i started to study the humans instinctive side(body language,micro-expressions, profiling etc..) and it is very hard to trust someone when they say one thing but their body screams another.I have hardened(for the worse) over the years but am taking steps to soften towards people(yes i do have a family, g.f of 21 yrs and a 16 yr old daughter).
I am finding forums are a great way to approach like minded people without the distraction of physically interacting with them so iallow a measure of trust to build through verbal interaction.I am really quite approachable and a big kid at heart, im just not that into people in general, but i'm changing...

Charlotte said:

Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

I think that the contradictions between actions and body language and conscious/unconscious thoughts usually make people much more interesting. Yeah, of course there are always going to be insincere people who are trying to trick you in one way or another but that is usually pretty obvious and they can just be ignored or occassionally pitied (Usually find myself doing that when it's because of insecurity. Not sure why exactly.).

But most doctors are still going to be slightly disgusted at your foot falling off, or careworkers aren't going to particularly enjoy cleaning up after people, but they still do it and that's what makes it amazing and with a smile! Even if it is somewhat false. In fact, if your doctor did enjoy your pain you'd probably be a little bit worried...!

In fact, some of the things I'm most grateful forwere whenmy friends helped me despite notparticularly wanting to.

So, I guess I thinkit's the 'why' not the 'what' that makes the difference between trusting someone and not. From them being amazing or not.

Dave said:

Charlotte said:

Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts
So you think people's innate nature is bad?

Gabe McCoy said:
There are SO many reasons to generally dislike humans, observe any time they succumb to their innate nature :/

Charlotte said:
Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

Wow that's got to be quite difficult to live with in such a media age. The pictures on the Wiki page are incredible!

What type of peopel arethe 'most unique'? How could you be classified as the 'most unique'? For you? Do you think it's people who have rare qualities? Or something different?I don't suppose youbelieve in the whole 'you are unique, just like everyone else' malarky?

ashley said:

i myself think that people who are the most unique are the most attractive, it's how i've always been, and honestly it's probably the best way to be because beauty is skin deep, and if you are with someone because of their looks, then you will not be satisfied with who you are with, there needs to be a connection much much MUCH deeper than physical. I for one am quite unique. i have a condition called hirsutism and if you google it, you can be brought to the wiki page, so you can get a better idea, but basically i have hair in places that women are not known for having hair, and i feel mixed about it, one one hand, this is how i was made, and i should not feel weird about it, but on the other, i have had it ingrained in me that women are supposed to be smooth silky beings, i dont shave or anything, but yeah, i know though, a certain person who finds my condition to be amazing really, just thought to share haha.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form