Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

flat dreads

Shaun de ia mann
@shaun-de-ia-mann
14 years ago
14 posts
my dreads are starting to grow flat at the top of them, by the skulp. is there a reason why and can i avoid the situation. dont want flat dreads!!what advice can you give me~blessings~
updated by @shaun-de-ia-mann: 02/03/18 12:45:16PM
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
My locks started to get flat in places and how I fixed it was while I washed them I palm rolled them and it seems to do the trick. My locks are still young yet so I don't know how effective it would be on older dreads.
Emily2
@emily2
14 years ago
17 posts
I just wanted to throw out there that some of my flattest dreads became my favorites!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree with emilytheres nothing wrong with flat dreads they add characterso many newbs think the things that make dreads unique are problems needing fixingthats what johnny clean preys on selling tools that will make yoir dreads fall tight off but will temporarily solve problems that dont need solving..how dreads become round..u sleep on em on 1 side they go flat u roll over and sleep on em in another direction and a dread flattened on right angles becomes roundbut even if it stays flat it just makes it unlike the boring round oneslove it and leave it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RBN
@rbn
14 years ago
50 posts
It's all good to love dreadlocks which are unique. They might be flat or differently shaped. However, if you're really unhappy with it then yeah, just roll the dread where it is flat. Baring in mind that this might result in breakage of the hair. At the moment you wouldn't really be worried about a few hairs breaking. In the long run however, this might lead to the dread falling off or something like that. I don't know though because I haven't had dreadlocks for long. I'm just guessing
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
palm rolling literally does nothing permanent (it will make it rounder for a few hours) unless u either do it obsessively enough to do damage or used wax to mash ot on and mold it into a candle shapebecause a few hours after palm rolling it tends to go back the way it was its tempting to roll again and again and again..and many act like theyre addicted and do it to excess thats when dreads get weak and can break..granted dreads break from rolling alot less often then from felting interlocking or crochet but probly as often as twisting since its about the same type damage..ive never palm rolled once and i just love how mine are all different shapes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
I've got a couple that are going flat but, I don't mind at all. I think it make my locs just that much more awesome.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
The reason has been stated: SleepingHow to avoid flat dreadlocks: Don't fall asleep while laying down or do anything that may compress them.Seriously, just chill out and stop worrying about it.
Daiguma
@daiguma
14 years ago
4 posts
I love my big flat fat dreads hanging there at the back of my head :)i'm five weeks in... i know they're going to keep changing shape as the growdon't worry too much brother :)
Shaun de ia mann
@shaun-de-ia-mann
14 years ago
14 posts
irie! blessings to all who gave advise. its true what ya'll say bout dreads bring unique and classic in their own way. makes sence. thanks guys have a wicked day!!1~peace an blessings~
updated by @shaun-de-ia-mann: 07/13/15 03:32:49AM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form