Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

flat dreads

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I have a flattie too :)I like it but if you want to change it try using aloe vera juice and rolling it, or maybe one of those thread wraps I see people tie onto their locks.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lolno the point is everyone experiences flat dreadlocks some stat flay some become round ..it doesnt matter just stop worrying about itthey'll do what they do no matter what u do to prevent it..u gotta sleep and sleeping shapes youur dreadstheres nothing to do but love em any way they decide tobe Lisa McRae said:
Just how are you supposed to sleep? People with dreadlocks sleep standing up? Thats the first I've heard of it.

GoldenEagle said:
The reason has been stated: Sleeping

How to avoid flat dreadlocks: Don't fall asleep while laying down or do anything that may compress them.

Seriously, just chill out and stop worrying about it.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
LOL I think it was sarcasm ;) Lisa McRae said:
Just how are you supposed to sleep? People with dreadlocks sleep standing up? Thats the first I've heard of it.

GoldenEagle said:
The reason has been stated: Sleeping

How to avoid flat dreadlocks: Don't fall asleep while laying down or do anything that may compress them.

Seriously, just chill out and stop worrying about it.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
I have fallen asleep sitting down on a number of airplanes. Then again I had my arms resting on the fold down in front of me and my forehead was on my arms.. My stepfather has fallen asleep with his chin resting on his chest while sitting in a chair. Lisa McRae said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
both my dad and best freind have fallen asleep standing upwe used to travel in an old bread truck converted to rv, had those sliding doors, we had a very thin chain across the door so u could stand there and not fall out, my dad fell asleep standing in the door of a moving vehicle with just that flimsy chain to keep him from becoming a smear on the pavementoh ive also seen people fall asleep high in a treee just resting on a branch..not that that has anything to do with flat dreads or anything GoldenEagle said:
I have fallen asleep sitting down on a number of airplanes. Then again I had my arms resting on the fold down in front of me and my forehead was on my arms.. My stepfather has fallen asleep with his chin resting on his chest while sitting in a chair.

Lisa McRae said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
knottymuffin
@knottymuffin
14 years ago
12 posts
i have that on a couple of my dreads too.some at the roots and i use to have one that was completely flat(i usually sleep on my back but i move around when i sleep too)so i thought perfect chance to experiment!i let the complete flat one be, just to see what would happen. no bead or anything. and after a few weeks of sleeping on my back that flat dread rounded almost perfectly on its own.and as far as my roots go,i just thru some beads on em and they are rounding out pretty nicely.and palmrolling does nothing. well at least for me. the first month of my dread journey i palmrolled maybe once? and it caused more loose hairs. which was the complete opposite of what i wanted :lso id say dont palmroll :Pgood luck my friendhope that was somewhat useful.
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
14 years ago
38 posts
I love flat dreads! They're so beautiful!
Max M
@max-m
14 years ago
18 posts
in the first several months , my dreads were pretty flat, but i found that they got less flat as they matured...
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
My front right dread is a flatty, kinda twisted too. i just let em get on with it.
updated by @benjah: 07/09/15 06:16:04AM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
all of mine seem to be developing flat. i personally don't like them. i wouldn't mind a few but i don't want a head full. i really hope it isn't permanent.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form