Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the beauty of the early messy stage of natural neglect dreadlocks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thety tighten up change some stick arounfd but most suck in and just become texture its always interesting to watch what they do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/25/15 04:02:26AM
treeofdread
@treeofdread
13 years ago
10 posts

To me it's like my hair is alive now, it's so cool to watch it curl and knot up and shrink like it's crawling back to my head lol. To watch it everyday and see it change it's like how they hell is this happening haha.

Sean Jones
@sean-jones
13 years ago
14 posts

There's great beauty in chaos

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts

this is so, so true..

Sean Jones said:

There's great beauty in chaos

Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts

grittyjane said:

Look what I found today! A gift bow of my own :)

grittyjane said:

LOL gift bows!!!!

Heidela said:

Good grief I had a dreaded panic this weekend with a huge head of loops lumps and frizz..I actually brushed two out that had formed gift bows!
Then I got a grip on myself ...browsing this thread is very helpful...I just thought it looked so flipping crazy I needed to do something

I do need to do something! Get over the need to control and just leave it be!
Thanks!
Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts
Too cute! This is my entire head right now! I want to post a picture but this Ipad is not doing it?
I am just too lazy to use a pc work killed me this week!
My hair is shrinking into zig zags tree branches and gift bows...not touching it! Except a good wash three times a week
but honestly now my hair is truly cracking me up! It has is own mind that is for freaking sure! I am glad to do this now at this point in my life I could give a shit really what others think of how I look ( except the love of my life and he cracks up as well!)...what is hysterical is my colleagues reactions! They just do not understand why I do not want smooth silky hair and I have a hair bomd with out locs...so for years I have gotten extensive tips on how to rule my unruly hair! Unsolicited mind you! The whole not brushing it..I have had threats of being held down and combed out LOL...good humored..no one is mean they think I need help!
DUH FKING DUH! But I am happy being hapless and desheveled!

Heidela said:

grittyjane said:

Look what I found today! A gift bow of my own :)

grittyjane said:

LOL gift bows!!!!

Heidela said:

Good grief I had a dreaded panic this weekend with a huge head of loops lumps and frizz..I actually brushed two out that had formed gift bows!
Then I got a grip on myself ...browsing this thread is very helpful...I just thought it looked so flipping crazy I needed to do something

I do need to do something! Get over the need to control and just leave it be!
Thanks!
Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts

this is awesome! i love everyone's gift bows! ^-^

Navsaroop Kaur
@navsaroop-kaur
13 years ago
9 posts

I like that,

"it seems alive now" never thought of it that way but yes it does, I cant help but have my fingers in it all the time feeling how hard some of the parts of the dread has become, some feel like concret they are so tight

treeofdread said:

To me it's like my hair is alive now, it's so cool to watch it curl and knot up and shrink like it's crawling back to my head lol. To watch it everyday and see it change it's like how they hell is this happening haha.

storm frog
@storm-frog
13 years ago
2 posts

i love my messy stage im in the prime of it lots of immature locks, people talk alot of shyt they"l see haha. they have no idea i wouldn't shyt talk anyone but now even teachers are joining in good thing i dont care cuz inside i kno who i am and they cant convince me my life is pointless and plus i have more fun then alll of them put together, sooo thanks for the support dread buddies

Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts

It definitely inspired me! Getting ready to restart - the natural way and needed this to prepare for my journey. Thanks SE!

Julian Webb said:

Im sure if anyone reads this, it will totally comfort them. It is really amazing how you explain things man.

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form