Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the beauty of the early messy stage of natural neglect dreadlocks

Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts
Good grief I had a dreaded panic this weekend with a huge head of loops lumps and frizz..I actually brushed two out that had formed gift bows!Then I got a grip on myself ...browsing this thread is very helpful...I just thought it looked so flipping crazy I needed to do somethingI do need to do something! Get over the need to control and just leave it be!Thanks!
updated by @heidela: 07/25/15 04:00:05AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

is funny that your dread decorated themselves with gift bows and u felt the need to comb them out?

the gift bows matbe woulds turned to butterfly wings and who knows how they would look once tightened up and tucked in to whatever form they might take

who knows they may have stuck around as a lotus blossom

u never know what they might do if u let them do what they do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

I know how you feel. :) This morning I was looking at a few of my dready zig-zags and thought: will they ever straighten out? Maybe, maybe not. I decided not to worry about it. Maybe the gift bows will come back to grace your new dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

or come back as something ele entirely

--
Rachel Kelley
@rachel-kelley
13 years ago
2 posts
This has actually made me want to put the twist and rip on hold and continue on this way
Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts

i definitely would if i were you..it's worth a shot right? if your hair doesn't dread naturally, you can always go back and try a starter method...=]

Rachel Kelley said:

This has actually made me want to put the twist and rip on hold and continue on this way
Rachel Kelley
@rachel-kelley
13 years ago
2 posts
Totally... I'm so happy I found this site.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you absolutely should

opersonaly i think everyone should give this way a shot 1st

--
Star
@star
13 years ago
19 posts

Beautiful! I am on month one and some days I wake up and love my head, others, I wonder "what are you doing up there today?" Thanks for the comfort...my husband is spell bound by this natural process but he loves me, that's what is supposed to happen...it's good to know that what is there (or not yet), is what is supposed to be. :)

Butterfly
@butterfly
13 years ago
56 posts

Wow! Well I guess I'll never have one of those. My hair is too short. I only have what I call ropes. Does it ever come undone or what ends up happening to those things, lol?

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form