Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the beauty of the early messy stage of natural neglect dreadlocks

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

this thread manged to put another huge smile on my face. just wanted to thanks to all of you again for being so beautiful in your ways. your all reallyappreciated.

updated by @castaway-j: 07/23/15 08:46:02AM
Erin Scherer
@erin-scherer
13 years ago
1 posts

this was inspiring

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

Beautiful thread, SE. Glad I tripped across it today because I found a small 'present' waiting for me too today!! My first loops! It's scraggly yet as it is early days but it's silly and absolutely all mine. GrittyJane's loops are amazing ! I don't know if I'm going to let mine get that wild but we'll see. Time will tell. It's a journey and I'm really amazed at what changes I see every day in the mirror.

I love all the pics here. All the individuality is inspiring.

Two days ago my hubby asked if I cut my hair. It had shrunk two inches overnight. And now today it's back where it was. Go figure. I have to swat my kids' hands away from my hair now because they think it's adorable to twirl my curls in their fingers. I say, "you can pick them up and look at them but give them a little while to mature then you can play with them." They don't get it but that's ok.

I was cutting my 11 year olds hair the other day and he said, "Your hair is your personality. You look so beautiful and crazy." ROFL

updated by @angel-frye: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,641 posts

awesome look great :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jayyson
@jayyson
13 years ago
9 posts

i actually am so glad i found this site cause i love the messy knotty look. rather then cookie cutter dreads that i could buy and prob would only keep for a weekifeven that long

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

This is beaautiful.. :)))) Almost teared up thinking about it.. :)) High 5 Se :)

Dread Pirate JuJu
@dread-pirate-juju
13 years ago
7 posts

Wow! I was always so scared to go full neglect, but I did it anyways. Sometimes, I still feel a little apprehensive, but this definitely made me feel better about the decision. Joyous, even. I have 5 small dreads converging into one big one, and it worried me at first, but now I kinda' like watching "The Phat One" grow. Basically, my only fear is that I'll get a beaver tail, but 4.5 months in, and everything's staying separated, so I don't think that's gonna' happen. This was quite inspirational.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,641 posts

well if u sdont want a huge dread u should seoperate them often they will grow together if u let them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dread Pirate JuJu
@dread-pirate-juju
13 years ago
7 posts

Thanks :) I will be on the look out for any others converging.

soaring eagle said:

well if u sdont want a huge dread u should seoperate them often they will grow together if u let them

Marina2
@marina2
13 years ago
4 posts

this is amazing! definitly makes me want natural dreads <3

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form