Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the beauty of the early messy stage of natural neglect dreadlocks

Janice
@janice
13 years ago
49 posts

Thank you for this, it was very encouraging! I love the wild & woolly look.

updated by @janice: 07/25/15 04:10:25AM
BKsensiUrWay
@bksensiurway
13 years ago
19 posts

the way you described them as the branches of a tree growing however they please almost made me feel like they were reaching for light. from the beginning of my journey i have had to battle with my anxiety and ocd pretty badly. even before i read this amazing description that's sort of how i felt. but thanks se, it was reassuring.

BKsensiUrWay
@bksensiurway
13 years ago
19 posts

a large amount of my friends originally were pushing for that also, saying it's the only way to make sure they turn out good and that they didn't think it would be nearly as awesome if i just left my hair to it's own means.... which just goes to show how little they even understand about the entire act of locks.=]

Amy4life said:

Thank you for writing this SE!
It's reconfirmed how much I want to stick to the natural method, as someone who has just started their dreadlock journey. I've only stopped brushing my hair for 2 days, and already it's been suggested I should just get them "professionally done" instead, as I'm impatient to get results. But I just love the idea of letting go and allowing my hair to do what it does naturally, however long it takes. :)

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

I have this thread bookmarked. I am at my two month mark and now, as one lock is busy voraciously 'eating' all the hair around it is nice to be reminded of what I am working(NOT! lol) so hard for. Being patient is difficult. These pictures remind me of how unique and yet how alike our natty hair experiences are.

Had to rip apart and wrap(loosely, with embroidery thread) one half of my first lock yesterday so that it wouldn't eat half my hair. Neglect method does take some attention to detail once you get in it far enough but it is worth it. Every day is different and a new adventure!!! But if you put off separating......... *sigh* you get exactly what you deserve. I did. Lesson painfully and dutifully learned.

mark wachachaw
@mark-wachachaw
12 years ago
9 posts

this article inspires me. thank you SE..... yesterday im almost giving up my dream dreads..

Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts
I LOVE this!! Who's the girl with the purple shirt and headband? I think she has the prettiest dreads I've ever seen. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

naturalmomma

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

these excite me, & remind me what i'm waiting for :)

Shamra Lucky-Rose Chapman
@shamra-lucky-rose-chapman
12 years ago
9 posts

I did exactly what this is saying not to do which was force my dreads in I have not been maintaining them ever since tho and they are taking on a natural look that I love so much. The only thing I have done recently to them is I added my boyfriends locks to some of mine because He had to cut them off to join the navy

I love the look that my hair has taken on with his locks its very beautiful <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they dont really need maintenance but how did u force em>/?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form