dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet to natural

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Mine were done TIGHT. They werent unraveling AT ALL. :/ karen said:
Makes sense to me...thats where I am now, I got mine made then found this site, im allowing them to come apart on their own...Honestly I cant imagine going through the time and pain to brush them out...but im enjoying the process of unraveling, I know what you mean by feeling like you hadnt earned them.

Im still torn about whether, when I get back to ireland, to come them out...ill see how much more they unravel by then :)

Nicole said:
Well, I didnt like the way the looked first off. The separated sections bothered me. Then, I found this site and started reading. I got dreads to start new. I felt like I cheated by getting them jump started. I felt like I needed to start over and do the process (in my mind) properly. The crochet ones just felt wrong to me somehow. Foreign. Like I didnt earn them. Make sense?

That_Irie_Guy said:
Ah shyte why's that?

updated by @nicole: 07/13/15 01:32:21PM
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
ah ok :)I have seem some pictures of people that got croheted and you can see the scalp, i think the guy that was doing mine didnt do it as tight, though, i cant imagine how much tighter they could have been lol i couldnt lie down the night after I got them!!! :)
Wendy
@wendy
14 years ago
2 posts
I'm one of those people that had my hair crocheted and you could/can see the scalp...this is because the sections are sooo big. My hair is very fine and the girl who crocheted them said that she had to make the sections big or the dreads would be super thin... I now know that if left alone, they will thicken up... and because my sections are sooo big, I will end up with super fat dreads... not exactly what I was after to begin with, but am happy to go with the flow now. My scalp is slowly hiding itself away under lots of loose hair and what will be will be. Knowing what I know now, I would never have had my hair crocheted, but that said, I don't regret the journey I've started, my hair has changed a lot since day one and I look forward to the many changes ahead.... :)
Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

mine were tnred and crocheted but i dont really anymore, now i just keep the tips blunted (i just like how it looks and how they dont come loose at the ends that way) but other than that im letting them do their own thing. at nearly two months, seriously hopin they thicken up. ive only got 30 sections and was goin for a thick dread look. this site seems to say theyll thicken up on their own but right now theyre just stayin super tight after ive stopped. i mean its cool how theyre solid after this short time and theyre very strong (but ive got very thick hair so..) anyway im hopin they get thicker soon. theyre way too thin for how few there are

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet backfires they will be 1/3 the size a healthy dread will be and the 'solid" at 2 months means they have to loosen up a ton to start to dread..in 6 months tio a year

you delayed dreading drasticly and blunted tips means dry way sk[]lower too

they will thicken up..eventually byut u got a long time to wait

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts

Just throw a wool sweater on your pillow and sleep on it. seriously worked wonders on my straight thin hair. natural is the way to go brotha man

Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

actually im washing them every day for a while and its already almost completely loosened em up. :). and i know blunt tips make em dry slower but i just prefer them. little extra blowdryin i think is worth it for the look of em

soaring eagle said:

crochet backfires they will be 1/3 the size a healthy dread will be and the 'solid" at 2 months means they have to loosen up a ton to start to dread..in 6 months tio a year

you delayed dreading drasticly and blunted tips means dry way sk[]lower too

they will thicken up..eventually byut u got a long time to wait

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bad idea it will take 6 months to recover and even begihn to dread

and they will be very damaged they will get extra fux=zzy as all the l]broken hairs pop out

crochet is never ever a good idea

eitrher go bp[natural or use twist n rip

never anything as extremely damaging as crochert

--
Altered Abstract
@altered-abstract
12 years ago
7 posts

I had my dreds crocheted and its been about 3 and a half months. I dont maintain them and I love them. I get so many compliments too. But really it comes down to what kind of look you want and how patient you are..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your 3 and 1/2 months in they havent completely recovered nor have they begun to dread yet they wont dread till recovered at about 6 months in

how patient? your impatience backfired and made it take even longer to dread

--

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form