14 years ago
64 posts
But wat if its straight hair?
updated by @that-irie-guy: 07/23/15 05:15:35PM
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
They will loosen, and even with your scalp exposed slightly, it's still not as open to dust and debris as it would be if it were loose.Crochet hook pull hair straight as you stitch in your fuzzies, that straight hair in the middle of the knotted hair causes weak spots to form, spot that may never dread or may break off.In addition, you also break hair as your pulling the hook thru, it's just bad news all around.TnR really is your best bet aside from going natural. It's the least damaging method aside from natural formation.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I had crochet dreads. Took them out after 9 days to go natural. I would NEVER again crochet.
That_Irie_Guy
@that-irie-guy
14 years ago
64 posts
Ah shyte why's that?
That_Irie_Guy
@that-irie-guy
14 years ago
64 posts
Lol my bad I just like getting opinions from different people
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I don't think Raw meant for you to feel like it was 'your bad', just offering up another means of finding out answers for your questions. I mean, this site was started to answer questions, so don't feel bad for asking. At least you're trying to learn and not just diving head first into it with no know-how.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Well, I didnt like the way the looked first off. The separated sections bothered me. Then, I found this site and started reading. I got dreads to start new. I felt like I cheated by getting them jump started. I felt like I needed to start over and do the process (in my mind) properly. The crochet ones just felt wrong to me somehow. Foreign. Like I didnt earn them. Make sense? That_Irie_Guy said:
Ah shyte why's that?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Straight hair will dread without intervening with a crochet hook. It just seems really not worth the risk. I think you're smart for trying to get other peoples opinions fist. Ultimately it's your hair and your choice but there are a lot of people here who have done it and regretted it. I don't think there are any that didn't crochet and wish they had!lol! Many Blessings That_Irie_Guy said:
But wat if its straight hair?
That_Irie_Guy
@that-irie-guy
14 years ago
64 posts
I've just had trouble with any starting to knot up. I haven't done anything to it for a month and a half and I thought it was getting result but then woke up the other morning and look completely normal.
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Makes sense to me...thats where I am now, I got mine made then found this site, im allowing them to come apart on their own...Honestly I cant imagine going through the time and pain to brush them out...but im enjoying the process of unraveling, I know what you mean by feeling like you hadnt earned them.Im still torn about whether, when I get back to ireland, to come them out...ill see how much more they unravel by then :) Nicole said:
Well, I didnt like the way the looked first off. The separated sections bothered me. Then, I found this site and started reading. I got dreads to start new. I felt like I cheated by getting them jump started. I felt like I needed to start over and do the process (in my mind) properly. The crochet ones just felt wrong to me somehow. Foreign. Like I didnt earn them. Make sense?

That_Irie_Guy said:
Ah shyte why's that?

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form