Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

we all shaved or started over dreadheadhq/knottyboy dreads the right way, wonder why?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop using all that crap that shampoo causes dandruff and itch (and cancer) remove the wax even if u end up removing the dreads that were waxed wax is evilthen if they come apart let em go natural or twist and ripand then start a new thread call it dreadjeadhq dread kit is a disaster and write up your full experience

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 06:33:55AM
johnthixter
@johnthixter
14 years ago
1 posts
Thank you. I finally canceled my order from DhHQ. Truly, I am glad that I was able to read all the post and know more about the site. It was a blessing indeed.
Andrew
@andrew
14 years ago
9 posts
Wow, what an amazing thread to come across.I've been debating this whole month on how im going to approach my dreads and all the different techniques and now realize how crucial it is. When people say 'natural' does it just mean no products? Or is everyone with natural dreads just doing neglect?Sorry to fill these with noon type things but i guess now my decision is do i make sections and backcomb and palm roll? Or do i just neglect. Thank god i saw this i was litlerally a day/paycheck away form ordering a kit from online and this stopped me.Thanks to alll.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well palm rollings totaky a waste of timenatural means yea neglectand twist and rip works and looks better then backcomb if u dont go natural Andrew said:
Wow, what an amazing thread to come across.

I've been debating this whole month on how im going to approach my dreads and all the different techniques and now realize how crucial it is. When people say 'natural' does it just mean no products? Or is everyone with natural dreads just doing neglect?

Sorry to fill these with noon type things but i guess now my decision is do i make sections and backcomb and palm roll? Or do i just neglect. Thank god i saw this i was litlerally a day/paycheck away form ordering a kit from online and this stopped me.

Thanks to alll.

--
Andrew
@andrew
14 years ago
9 posts
thanks to raw an SE.i guess im just going to neglect and not give up on it, and seperate and whatnot when needed, thanks yall, just didn't know if there was a better way to get a shape going than to just neglect.-drew
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
I've read throughout the forum 'root flipping' what;s ment by this, (you push the dread in a direction it doesnt want to go?) soaringeagle said:
thats what i said but...he also root flipped so even at 13 months since he interlocked its probly best to start over or risk having them break

ricky williams said:
:D good for you but maybe you should just try and remove the wax and not start all over

Casey Combs said:
I fell for the propaganda put out by knottyboy and dhhq, this is my first set of locks and they are 13 months old. I cut 1.5 inches off of one today and found a waxy core had developed even though I had hardly used any of their "product". I graduate this year and I am determined to walk the line with locks so I will soak and comb out all of the garbage that I was sold and told to put into my hair and start again. There really needs to be more sites like this who actually tell the truth and don't mislead people who have a genuine interest in expressing themselves. I had thought I had done enough homework when I began dread journey but there is so much misinformation out there that I fell into their trap of products. Now that I have a better understanding I look forward to starting my journey over again and have locks that I can show off and be proud of. I hope more people find out the truth sooner than I did.
Ms
@ms
14 years ago
11 posts
i havent had dreads in my hair before but i am looking to get started.luckily i found this site before any damage was done!lifesaver! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
root flipping is not called interlocking its really stupid they take the entire dread and make a gap in the roots and push the dread through pulling out the other side painfully twisting the roots creatting a weak spot thats pretty likely to break

supp said:
I've read throughout the forum 'root flipping' what;s ment by this, (you push the dread in a direction it doesnt want to go?)

soaringeagle said:
thats what i said but...he also root flipped so even at 13 months since he interlocked its probly best to start over or risk having them break

ricky williams said:
:D good for you but maybe you should just try and remove the wax and not start all over

Casey Combs said:
I fell for the propaganda put out by knottyboy and dhhq, this is my first set of locks and they are 13 months old. I cut 1.5 inches off of one today and found a waxy core had developed even though I had hardly used any of their "product". I graduate this year and I am determined to walk the line with locks so I will soak and comb out all of the garbage that I was sold and told to put into my hair and start again. There really needs to be more sites like this who actually tell the truth and don't mislead people who have a genuine interest in expressing themselves. I had thought I had done enough homework when I began dread journey but there is so much misinformation out there that I fell into their trap of products. Now that I have a better understanding I look forward to starting my journey over again and have locks that I can show off and be proud of. I hope more people find out the truth sooner than I did.

--
Paul Guay
@paul-guay
14 years ago
2 posts
why does everyone have to be so angry at one another? dhhq diddnt do anything wrong. all they do is use another method than you do to make dreads. why is it that just because they have a different view than you that they're automatically ignorant? cant we all just get along?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its not just as different method but an exteremely destructive method that makes most of the dreads made woth wax get cut off and started over rightthey rip ppl off and they know the crap destroys dreads and they dont care..they are getting rich off a scam

Paul Guay said:
why does everyone have to be so angry at one another? dhhq diddnt do anything wrong. all they do is use another method than you do to make dreads. why is it that just because they have a different view than you that they're automatically ignorant? cant we all just get along?

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form