Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

we all shaved or started over dreadheadhq/knottyboy dreads the right way, wonder why?

Paul Guay
@paul-guay
14 years ago
2 posts
so its a scam, and its evil, and makes dreads badly and whatever. why do we have to waste our time hating other things and other people? cant we just live our lives happily and accept other peoples wrong doing? why is there always fighting and insecurity and hate for others who think differently than we do?

soaringeagle said:
its not just as different method but an exteremely destructive method that makes most of the dreads made woth wax get cut off and started over right
they rip ppl off and they know the crap destroys dreads and they dont care..they are getting rich off a scam

Paul Guay said:
why does everyone have to be so angry at one another? dhhq diddnt do anything wrong. all they do is use another method than you do to make dreads. why is it that just because they have a different view than you that they're automatically ignorant? cant we all just get along?

updated by @paul-guay: 07/23/15 05:47:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so your suposed to just go on letting them rip ppl off and destroy dreads? how responcible is that?ok lets rexamine this instead of a rippoff artist and scakl=mmer its a sexual predator and kidnapper whos preying on the children in your neighbourhoodnow if you have kids arent u going to be telling other parents not to let him babysit>/how do u expost a scumbag without calling him a scumbag?the hates justified and nesacary to protect others from falling for the scam

Paul Guay said:
so its a scam, and its evil, and makes dreads badly and whatever. why do we have to waste our time hating other things and other people? cant we just live our lives happily and accept other peoples wrong doing? why is there always fighting and insecurity and hate for others who think differently than we do?

soaringeagle said:
its not just as different method but an exteremely destructive method that makes most of the dreads made woth wax get cut off and started over right
they rip ppl off and they know the crap destroys dreads and they dont care..they are getting rich off a scam

Paul Guay said:
why does everyone have to be so angry at one another? dhhq diddnt do anything wrong. all they do is use another method than you do to make dreads. why is it that just because they have a different view than you that they're automatically ignorant? cant we all just get along?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats whay i always hear im so glad ive never used a thing from them..i did try the knottyboy bar...once..went back to bronners and baking soda right after

--
Beksta
@beksta
14 years ago
22 posts
I think the issue with regards to unnecessary dread products goes further than even the immorality of these items being put out there to make big bucks...I mean, how often do any of us have people coming to us and complaining that they're dreads have gone horribly, horribly wrong after using such products? If they were able to be forewarned, then such dread problems would not arise to need fixing (although from my experience, some people will refuse to heed such warnings, and then later, sheepishly, seek advice when things haven't gone so well lol they believe the KB/DHHQ hype lol). So it's not just that the products are generally unnecessary, and basically ploys to make a ton of money off ignorance, but also that many of the products can cause much damage to healthy locks. I get criticised all the time on different forums for my stance against wax/crocheting/flipping/tools/KB/lock peppa etc etc...but whoever said that the truth is easy to bear? lolI have used DHHQ shampoo many times, it being the only one I've found to date that actually does the job for my hair in particular, although I've found somewhere locally that stocks Doc Bronners, which I may try with next set of locks. Tried the baking Soda, ACV thing too, but may have had ratios wrong or something, will have to check with you, SE, before trying it again. Used KB bar ages back, a whole 2 times and gave me the worst dandruff this planet has ever known - took months to settle my scalp back down.
tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
14 years ago
19 posts
hello my name is tyler rakowski and I'm a recovering wax addict. my first experience with dreadlocks ended in shambles, as well as clumps of once beautiful hair on the floor that resembled gineua pigs. and who may be to blame for this unfortunate yet seemingly all to common disaster?... JOHNNY CLEAN the devilish bastard sucked me into believing that wax was good and buy or products and use our tools, well guess what Mr. clean i did and t my hair was RUINED absolutely ruined. the oh so charming and happy way he showed his products and all of the videos he posted made me think wow that guy must really know what hes talking about. and the fact that his dreads were oh so perfect i was sucked in completely and by the end of my first month i was so intent on having perfect locs i put wax in my hair every day, and i dont mean a little bit i mean a freaking dollap of this stuff, and it just kept getting worse. not to mention the fact that the majority of products he was sellingthat may have had some benificial help were things like oh i dont know BOTTLES OF SEA SALT IN WATER just a side note dont use wax eets baaaaddddd
Philipp
@philipp
14 years ago
1 posts
I first had a hairdresser section my hair and then my sister backcombed them... so much time and energy for nothing. I was recommended to put wax in them, so i got a jar of the dreadhead crap. People, if you are even slightly considering this, let me save you hours of agony: DO NO PUT STICKY CRAP IN YOUR HAIR. I don't care if it's preanut butter, gum or wax, it's a bad idea. You'll spend hours bent over a sink with a reeking jar of apple cider vinegar and piping hot water running through your hair.In the end I had that first set for a month and a half, then brutally ripped them out. They were really tight, so tight that they got too thin, and despite all my tireless toil there were still little balls of wax in them. F*ing gross.At this point, 6 months later, I haven't even given much of a thought as what to do with my hair. It's as if that first big mistake taught me the most important lesson, that it's all about the natural state of being. My hair still looks completely normal, but after months without shampoo (best thing I ever did for myself was throw that stuff out) it knots really easy and tangles up into locks all the time, some of which stay for a day and then disappear or some which stick around. It's a constant state of flux.If you want dreads, the best advice I can give you is to forget about it, and simply throw your comb, shampoo, and conditioner away (save some condition which would make these necessary...). In a few months, you'll thank yourself.Been following this community since my interest in dreads sparked, but never posted till now. Hi everyone, I'm phil :).
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

hi phill glad your wax free sets working out so much better fir ya

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

i love how on dreadheadhq site they claim sls is not linked to cancer despite the fact the cancer society and the cosmetics industry recomends not using sls jony clean claims to know better

even though he doesnt understand his own products or even the difference between crochet and interlocking

--
Kao Ganavi
@kao-ganavi
14 years ago
12 posts
This is funny cause I bought the Knottyboy starter kit in spring. I couldn't do it to my hair cause it wasn't long enough so I decided to do it on my brothers hair. Which I ruined it cause of the wax. He wanted natural dreads of course. I was thinking the wax wouldn't hurt but I was wrong. The video I found on youtube got me thinking it wouldn't hurt. But it ruined his hair. He shaved it and blame me. HAHA. Funny, but we all learn the hard way. DO NOT EVER USE WAX FOR DREADS! Go natural.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u say go natural; but iu just crocheted which is got to be as bad as wax

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form