Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap: Oily residue?

Brad
@brad
14 years ago
20 posts
i use the tea tree kind and a few others and ive never had this problem...im not sure as too what is causing it....since this was the first time you used it, it could be dried scalp and other build-up from a previous time that was broken up by tha dr.bronners but you failed to wash it out completely...i don't even dillute mine and ive never had this occur...the oils def. aren't residues, i know that for sure! but next time try jus rinsing a bit better....try submerging your head in a bath of water to get the first of it out then after that try rinsing it out with the shower and this may help....im pretty sure that the dr.bronners help clean your scalp much better and removed all your dead skin and build up but you jus didn't wash it out completely...keep using it and jus try to rinse better cause honestly ive tried many different kinds of shampoos for my locks and nothing comes close to dr. bronners
updated by @brad: 07/23/15 03:56:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well brad, dr b's is a pure SOAP other shampoos maybe are DETERGENTS, soaps dont rince very good at all in either hard or soft water i forget which..soft i think..thats why detergents were inventeddr b's is amazing but because of that it wont work for all, but..adding a lil borax to the bottle kinda turns it into a detergent so u can use it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
does it matter
@does-it-matter
14 years ago
31 posts
yeah i had some problems with it aswell, even when watered down properly.here try this, its magic*half cup bakind soda,coubel tablespoons shavings from favorite organic bar soap, with oils and extracts!couple cups boiling water, almost a gallon actually,tablespoon or so seasalt,a good squire of your favorite BRONNERS***you get the scrubbing power of the bakind soda and seasalt, but the nice conditioning of the oils present in the bar soap, and bronners.this way there's lots of bubbles, lots of cleaning, oils present, the whole deal, it leaves your hair squeky clean, but softish..works for my somewhat oily causain hair.p.s. i need updates, my pics are of the half way mark, they're 5 months and feelign great!
dannylou
@dannylou
14 years ago
21 posts
i used dr bronners to wash my hair for about a year and had no issues. but then again i only wash my hair maybe 2 or 3 times a month.my guess is that you didnt rinse it out well enough.i suggest not washing your hair to much either. your hair creates its own natural oils that in my expierence work the best espically if you have a problem with a dryer scalp like i do. peace&happiness
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
But there are perks! I can't find produce this cheap anywhere else. I'd stay just for the awesome produce and accepting people! soaringeagle said:
and moving outta cali can save him lotsa money

so damn exspensive there

Faelwynn said:
we'll see how my bar soap experiment goes... because that could save him a lot of hassle.

soaringeagle said:
yup hes cali so it is the water..all u gotta do is move
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
i use dr bronners lavender and just delute it and mostly wash my scalp and let the water run through my hair and it doesnt leave a white residue. good luck! =]
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
I wash my hair every few days with normal head and shoulders shampoo.... I never have a single problem, no buiild up or anything just sweet smellin locks:) Ive been using normal shampoo for 7 years, never really tried anything else. That's just me though, I'm sure it will work out fine. Once you find something that works for you just stick with it, everyones hair type is different and products works differently.
Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
I had the same problem! I would have really good days with Dr. Bronners and then days where my hair would be oily and gross a few hours after I washed. I also had to wash more often. I used the hemp lavender bottle. I went through everything, pre-diluteing, extra rinseing, waiting a few days, you name it. I switched to the peppermint bar soap and I havn't had any issues as of yet. My hair got oily before I stopped combing, but it was nothing like the oily hair I would have after useing Bronners. I would even use the whole baking soda and vinager thing but as soon as I washed with the liquid bronners it would get gross again. So far I have been happy with the bar soap. :)
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i have had the same experienceon top of that, bronners conditioned mah hair too muchive been washing with baking sodaand its business as usual
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
LALA, what kinda shampoo do you use that has all the oils in it or do you make your own? EMPRESS LALA said:
i think that dr. bronners is okay to use sometimes, but it gives me a residue on the scalp. you will have to really rinse well. diluting it by at least 5 parts water or more is best. it is a pure castile soap and i feel that while it does seem to help my locks seem tight, i have to use an all natural shampoo that has tea tree lavander and thyme in it. i was my dreads once a week! and once a week only. two much washing disturbs my locking process/journey!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form