Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats your shampoo like?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i preffer the liquid dr b.. i never had hairspray or anything to remove so baking soda rocksi thing nutrsgena daily clarifying is best at removing buildup (except wax i dont think any soap does that well but dish soap cajn remove some)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:02:31PM
Erin Joy Lauzon
@erin-joy-lauzon
15 years ago
15 posts
i tried something new this time, i didnt shampoo my new dreads for a couple weeks but instead used jcloths and qtips to clean my scalp with facial toner and tea tree oil, worked pretty good... and i used spray dry 'shampoo' occationally to dry things out. I'm shampooing with residue free shampoo now, things are progressing nicely. I am planning to follow soaringeagle's suggestions for dread cleaning and maintenance in the near future though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i heard ppl do that with witch hazel tooyou'll like the baking soda

--
Cello.
@cello
15 years ago
14 posts
I just use Dreadhead Shampoo from Dreadheadhq. :p
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
I think after having the scalp freak out I have had I will be making my own formula- LOLProbably starting with the baking soda thing- and adding an herbal infusion. Love ya SE! Thanks for the tips!Is it powder baking soda- Like Arm & Hammer? And can it dry the scalp out? Does it leave any grainyness behind? Sorry to ask so many questions, but with my scalp already pissed off- I have to uber careful on how I treat it so it will stop snowing that dreadfully itchyness.
mitty
@mitty
15 years ago
1 posts
my friend mentioned shampoo powder. anyone ever tried this? sounds very interesting to me. getting my hair wet ranks up there in terms of annoyances of long hair. i've done some googling and there are a decent amount of shampoo powder products out there. i'd prefer to go into a store and get it, though i'm not sure how common they are.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
there is alot sold for camping when you just cant wash your hairbut this is dumbyour hair dreads best when u wash it..with waterwater , wet dreads are more pliable and knot up and form tight dreadsdry washing will not help u at alli really recomend baking soda in water

--
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
I use diluted dr. bronner's liquid magic soap. I scrub it into my scalp and dreads really good. then spray with salt water :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
next best thing to baking sodabut i think u gotta explain the dilutiondr bronners luiqiod 18 in 1 magic soaps are extremely concentratedyou want a dilution of about 12 times as much water as soap Electric Mama said:
I use diluted dr. bronner's liquid magic soap. I scrub it into my scalp and dreads really good. then spray with salt water :)

--
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
i used dreadheadhq for the first 6months and i have tried the baking soda last week (which i liked but i have also been using am-o-lin soap free baby shampoo (no laurel sulphatethingys) which i will continue to use.probably planning to alternate between the baking soda one week and baby shampoo the next.But keep in mind not all baby shampoos are free from residues.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form