Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats your shampoo like?

Erin Joy Lauzon
@erin-joy-lauzon
15 years ago
15 posts
as for dry shampoos... i used tigi's rockaholic dirty secret. i know its better to wet wash but when you're short on time its a good in betweener. just spray on focussing on scalp, leave for a while (your hair will be coated white but dont worry) then flip your dreads upside down and shake and rub all the white out.a couple notes if you do choose to use1) do it outside if you can. it has a very strong smell, not unpleasant (limey) but a bit overwealming. i used it outside, went to work and when i got home 5 hours later the smell was still lingering around.... yeah i'm sure its somewhat environmentally unsound but thats another can of worms2) if you use this particular product be sure to put a piece of tape or something over the nozzel between uses cuz the bottles are defective and the product will evaporate out of the can (its not cheap, about $20)all in all i liked it, scalp feels instantly clean and it totally eliminated the itchy feelingoh, one more thing. alot of shampoo powders have cornstarch which you may want to avoid cuz who knows what kinda mush will be left in the dreads once it is wet washed...
updated by @erin-joy-lauzon: 07/14/15 04:34:21AM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
so would it be about as concentrated as they tell you? (ie, 1/4oz to one gallon of water)? I just bought some as the baking soda seems to be leaving crusties or something on my scalp... making me all itchy.. soaringeagle said:
next best thing to baking soda
but i think u gotta explain the dilution
dr bronners luiqiod 18 in 1 magic soaps are extremely concentrated

you want a dilution of about 12 times as much water as soap

Electric Mama said:
I use diluted dr. bronner's liquid magic soap. I scrub it into my scalp and dreads really good. then spray with salt water :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
the concentrationthey say is differemt per applicationthrough trial anmd error we found shampoo is best betweeen 8-1 and 20-1 12-1 being what most say is bestas far as im cincerned baking soda beats a;ll

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form