Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Drying your Dreads...

Tara D
@tara-d
14 years ago
27 posts
Thanks guys!For some reason somewhere along the line I got the impression that hairdryers were baaad. I guess you just gotta use em the right way =] Will look out for a microfibre towel too, I guess the two together would work quite well.I feel left out that I don't know of this shamwow marketing genius... might youtube it later =DThanks again =]T xx
updated by @tara-d: 07/11/15 10:18:05AM
Loleia
@loleia
14 years ago
16 posts
if i need my dreads dryed fast i use a wet to dry straightner. i go over them once, they are still alittle damp after, but nothing to worrie about.
Bene
@bene
14 years ago
35 posts
i live in germany so i have kind of the same problem.what i do when its cold is i simply take like the whole sunday free and in the morning i wash my hair and then i do all the stuff i have to do inside like washing or cleaning up the mess this kind of stuff its just important to leave the dreads open because if you wrap them up in a towel the water wont evaporate.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I blow dry my dreads and they seem fine to me.I would rather have heat damage then mold any day.
Tara D
@tara-d
14 years ago
27 posts
loleia - I never thought about using straighteners... I might try that too, to see if its quicker than hairdrying, as I still have a pair kicking about =]Bene - Sadly the longest I can go without washing my hair is about 4 days so lazy sundays aren't always convenient =[ I agree on the towel bit though, all a normal towel does is keep the hair damp!Lex - Good thought - I used to heat damage my hair whenever I washed it before, so why now should be any different I don't know. Especially as the same thing would be happening if my hair was sat in the sun! Better heat damage than mold for sure!Desirae Rose - A hood dryer would be wonderful! Far more time friendly than the regular hairdryer, however I doubt I will ever see fit to buy one, but agree with the medium heat maximum =]T xx
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
hey hey i live in the UK! I just leave mine#, i let them do there thing. :D
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
I think a hairdryer not on max heat, is the best way to dry your dreads
Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
11 years ago
46 posts

So did that shamwow work well?

soaring eagle said:

blow dryings fine as long as u dont do it excessivly i blow a few min wait awhile blow again and dry it slowly over several hours that way instead of steady blowing 1/2 hour

im actualy buying a shammwow today to try out
Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

Figured i'd add this question in here as well as we are all on the subject...

Can blow drying prevent baby dreads from forming? I've been doing it the whole time. D: I hate the feeling of wet hair!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form