Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Knotty Jonny Clean & baking soda/apple cider vinagar

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so in conclusion its only fault might be in that it works too good but giving the naturure of dreads thats a good thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 12:36:30PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Ok I just didn't want you to take my opinion personally and get offended. We have different ideas about how locks are meant to start but I do like you and respect your ability to see the big picture as well. An open exchange of beliefs should never turn into something ugly and I think you you feel the same way. Many Blessings KnottyMama said:
@Heather -- it's enough proof for me, too, but I know if I were to say something to that effect he would just come back and say that he needs SCIENTIFIC evidence of it, not just my word. *rolls eyes*

@NaturalWoymn -- Actually, my opinion of him has been steadily declining... and I've been feeling like I belong among heavy product users less and less. Admittedly, I DO use some of his products (lock peppa and dread soap).... but overall I am more and more disenchanted with him and his company, sadly. The longer I am involved in this community the more I gravitate towards this board, LOL. (SE -- I imagine that's fairly normal, LOL)

@SE -- I was hoping to find some specific scientific evidence as I'm too impatient to wait a year to debate the matter with him. I definitely take your word on it, but I know that he won't. Also, on the matter of cancer, you might be interested in reading this page he has up on his website about SLS/SLES (including a link to a PDF file about how SLS/SLES being dangerous is total bull shit)... Here it is: http://www.dreadheadhq.com/dreadlocks-products-ingredients-sles.php
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
On yahoo answers I asked why BS and vinegar clean in general and someone gave me this"Baking Soda:Baking soda is NaHC03 and is the weakest alkali of sodium compounds.It's a mild abrasive, 2.5 on the Mohs scale, so it literally scrapes away dirt without harm on many harder surfaces.It deodorizes because it neutralizes acids.When mixed with water, it splits into H+ and HCO3-, and that latter ion is absorbed onto any dirt to help break it up--and thus make it easier to remove.VinegarVinegar is an acid. Just think about what acid does--breaks things down. http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4597302_vinegar-work-as-cleaner.html "
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I have a WHOLE lot of respect for people who got dreads the natural way (patience and a lot of bad hair days along the way!), but that was definitely not for me. :-) I think nazarian locks are amazing. I just combined a few of mine (down to 38 from 51) and it made some awesome bumps that I absolutely love (because my dreads never really got bump or loopy on their own)!Anywho.... thanks for all the good info everyone!
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
Good question.... >.> To which I do not know the answer, LOL. Knottysleeves said:
Also, isn't Johnny officially endorsing that person who sells "magic bath salts" for washing dreads? Her salts are just a mix of bicarb (baking soda), Epsom salt, and sea salt. By his logic, the stuff would give you the same results as washing in a mix of tap water + sea water... so then why is he endorsing them?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
jonny needs scientific evidence like his overwaxing math where he states a 0.6 inch thick dread would require a 2 inch section wich means only 10 dreads to a headthats how he claimed that his 4 times a sane ammount he recomends isnt really as much as anyone who can count fingers thinks.0.6 might as well be 1/2 inch noow we all know the section size pretty much determines the dread size so a 2 inch section = a 2 inch dread but he magicly makes a 2 inch dread be 1/2 inch even though every single dread on his heads an inch from root to tipi guess jonnys scientific proof for his shampoo not causing cancer is cause he wiped it on a paper towel tube and the cardboard showed no sign of cancer

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Maybe they are so waxed up and not knotted that a two inch section would yield a half inch dread... soaringeagle said:
jonny needs scientific evidence like his overwaxing math where he states a 0.6 inch thick dread would require a 2 inch section wich means only 10 dreads to a head
thats how he claimed that his 4 times a sane ammount he recomends isnt really as much as anyone who can count fingers thinks. 0.6 might as well be 1/2 inch noow we all know the section size pretty much determines the dread size so a 2 inch section = a 2 inch dread but he magicly makes a 2 inch dread be 1/2 inch even though every single dread on his heads an inch from root to tipi guess jonnys scientific proof for his shampoo not causing cancer is cause he wiped it on a paper towel tube and the cardboard showed no sign of cancer
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
You're such a sweetheart and I find you to be a breath of fresh air to all the controversy of which I am not always innocent in! ;o) Much respect KnottyMama said:
I have a WHOLE lot of respect for people who got dreads the natural way (patience and a lot of bad hair days along the way!), but that was definitely not for me. :-) I think nazarian locks are amazing. I just combined a few of mine (down to 38 from 51) and it made some awesome bumps that I absolutely love (because my dreads never really got bump or loopy on their own)!

Anywho.... thanks for all the good info everyone!
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
@NaturalWomyn --- It's great to hear you say that because a lot of ppl on the DHHQ facebook page are annoyed because they think I am too anti-product, LOL. I was feeling like I was too product-liking to be here and too anti-product to be there.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
product users arent a problem its just the lies told to make bad products seem good we have issues with and think most product users are mostly victims of those liesjustr like most of the ppl here feel like they were victimized if they tried those oproducts

--

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form