Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Knotty Jonny Clean & baking soda/apple cider vinagar

Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I'm of course speaking only for myself, but I know what's in the products I use and decide to use them anyway. (When I run out of DHHQ soap I may switch to something else.... I have a friend who started making shampoo bars for dreads that she says are working great.) And I think Lock Peppa is the $h*t, but that's just me, I'm sure, LOL. I definitely don't feel like a victim, although I do feel a little betrayed that after trying so hard to see the good in DHHQ, I've been overwhelmingly disappointed overall.
updated by @raging-roots-amy: 07/09/15 07:19:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
facts arent facts if u just make them upand when he charges a 6000% markup on a grain of salt i think id rather get my salt elsewhere

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
This was Jonny's response:"Except that the chemical reaction that allows baking soda to actually act as a soap requires boiling temperatures. It's actually turning part of the fat or grease that it's cleaning into a soap. (soaponification) Without boiling it removes regular dirt, as in it caries it way,water does the same thing.Vinegar is acidic and kills germs true. It's not going to hurt your dreads although if you don't rinse it completely they will smell until you do. It may clean grease although they don't make any effort to explain how it could do that despite the fact that it's not made up of polarized molecules that could surround dirt and grease molecules and lift them away from the hair/surface as soaps/detergents do.On the plus side it doesn't leave residue so while it may not be the most efficient cleaner it's not sabotaging your efforts by leaving residue.In the end if you don't mind rinsing your dreads with vinegar do it - if it works for you keep it up. Mad props to Amy for digging up those articles.I'll have a good idea of how backing soda and vinegar effect the locking process when I finish up the long term experiement that I'm currently working on...more later =]"
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Sorry but I have to call Bull Sh*t!! KnottyMama said:
This was Jonny's response:

"Except that the chemical reaction that allows baking soda to actually act as a soap requires boiling temperatures. It's actually turning part of the fat or grease that it's cleaning into a soap. (soaponification) Without boiling it removes regular dirt, as in it caries it way,water does the same thing.

Vinegar is acidic and kills germs true. It's not going to hurt your dreads although if you don't rinse it completely they will smell until you do. It may clean grease although they don't make any effort to explain how it could do that despite the fact that it's not made up of polarized molecules that could surround dirt and grease molecules and lift them away from the hair/surface as soaps/detergents do.

On the plus side it doesn't leave residue so while it may not be the most efficient cleaner it's not sabotaging your efforts by leaving residue.

In the end if you don't mind rinsing your dreads with vinegar do it - if it works for you keep it up. Mad props to Amy for digging up those articles.

I'll have a good idea of how backing soda and vinegar effect the locking process when I finish up the long term experiement that I'm currently working on...more later =]"
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well he is completely wrong about the smell...Unless you use straight vinegar(which my mom did once) there is absolutely NO SMELL...1 tbsp of vinegar per cup of water doesn't leave any smell...I barely rinse after the vinegar rinse and have never had smellHell...today I used only 1 cup of water and a good 3-4 tbsps of vinegar and NOTHING... ..man I'm trying not to dislike him because I hate hating people(lol) but he's really pushing it...
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I know why: $$$$$$$$$$$$I bet he gets a cut. Further proof that he will spin anything to whatever he likes, positive or negative, as long as it will pad his wallet. Knottysleeves said:
Also, isn't Johnny officially endorsing that person who sells "magic bath salts" for washing dreads? Her salts are just a mix of bicarb (baking soda), Epsom salt, and sea salt. By his logic, the stuff would give you the same results as washing in a mix of tap water + sea water... so then why is he endorsing them?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and baking soda when put in warter has a chemical reaction that releases a gas bubbnles which cleans amazingly well just like oxyclean cheals amazingly well because of the gas bubbles lifting out dirtall u gotta do is wash a dread in baking soda imediately after washing with his shampoo to see just how much diort his shampoo left behindok anyone who wants to wash with dreadheadhq A MoNTH ..GET EXTRA DIRTY ALL MONTH JUST TO BE SURE THEN WASH WiTH DHHQ FILM THE RINSE WATER THEN IMMEDIATEly WASH WITH BS AND WAIT 10 MIN AND RINSE AND FILM THE RINSE WATERIT WILL PROVE HOW MUCH DiRT SHAMPOO LEAVES AND HOW MUCH CLEANER BS GETS U

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
or he'll come out with yet another product a baking soda based deep cleanse /.but loaded with lots of chems and a huge pricestagg and a name like dred clensa or dred supa soaka

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well he cant be sued for trademark infringement if he dont know how to spell for instance butter is a dairy based food but butta could be a butt plug or a hair slimeso a supa soaka is legaly not the same as a super soaker Knottysleeves said:
LOL. Isn't a SupaSoaka sounds like one of those big watergun toys?

soaringeagle said:
or he'll come out with yet another product a baking soda based deep cleanse /.but loaded with lots of chems and a huge pricestagg and a name like dred clensa or dred supa soaka

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
KnottyMama would you mind repeating this part"In the case of removing normal dirt, baking soda is dissociated into H+ and HCO3- in water. The HCO3- ion is adsorbed onto the positively charged surface of the dirt so that the dirt can be removed more easily from the surface"...he obviously only skimmed what you posted

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form